Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 11th: Lest we forget, the Fallen, our Friends, our Heroes...

Default September 11th: Lest we forget, the Fallen, our Friends, our Heroes...

In remembrance of the 2996 people who died that day in New York City, Washington DC and a field in Shanksville, PA. I will never forget.

Today is Patriot Day. Please display your flags at half staff and observe a moment of silence at 8:46 a.m. eastern daylight time to honor the innocent victims who lost their lives as a result of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

They are all in my thoughts and prayers today.
    ~Laura~

In my thoughts today as well. I still remember.

All are in my thoughts and prayers as well

Sunshine Rewards

We will also pray together as a family tonight for those families torn apart on 9/11 and those who continue to lose love ones to the war
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

In Rememberance of all those killed and injured in New York, Washington D.C. and on United Flight 93 Pennsylvannia September 11, 2001

We pray for those left behind....
    For the broken Hearts around the World,
    For the rescue workers and their families..

That peace may prevail

ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Does everyone remember where they were when this happened?

I was in bed, I worked nights at the time. My best friend was getting on a plane in Alabama when she called and said a plane crashed into the World Trade Center. I didn't believe her. I guess I didn't want to believe her. At that time we were 11 days away from our wedding. She was coming out for my bridal shower with my god daughters and her little brother. My aunt was on a plane at JFK doing the same thing. She was actually on the tarmack getting ready to take off. I remember that like it was yesterday. Oh the horror we felt. My cousin had landed in Paris a few days before from his wedding and instantly turned parisian since his wife had herritage there. They didn't want anyone to know they were American. We always say our wedding was a 9/11 wedding.

Kim

I was getting ready for work. I was pregnant with our first child. I was watching it on tv and just sitting there not fully understanding what was happening. Then the phone rang. One of our friends was calling my husband to see if he was watching. He was in bed. Later he asked why I hadn't gotten him up. I had no clue. I just sat there wondering what in the world was happening. All day at work we had the radio on and it was so somber. What a sad day that was.
    <Sunshine Rewards

In remembrance to those who passed away on 9/11!!

I was sitting in contracts class, it was my first year of law school. At the end of the class someone announced that if anyone had relatives who worked in the Trade Center, they should try to call them b/c there was a plane crash. It seemed like no big deal, we had no idea that the crash was intentional.

I stayed in the classroom to read during the hour break btwn classes. During the break someone came in and announced there were more plane crashes and they hit the pentagon. My friend and I looked at each other and said "No way"......we totally didn't believe it.

Then we went down to the tv lounge and saw everyone gathered around CNN crying and shaking their heads in disbelief, anger, and hurt.

I will never forget the disbelief, the sadness, and the feelings of helplessness from that day. I hope and pray that we don't ever have to experience something like that again.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie