Thread: Gift Gards and Overstock.com

Default Gift Gards and Overstock.com

I want to place a fairly large order with Overstock but noticed I could get emailable gift card for Overstock from giftcertificates.com. Could I get the gift card and then make my purchase on Overstock using the emailable gift card? Or is that a NO NO and considered double dipping?

You can definitely try it. There would just be a chance that they would not pay the cash back. It's card telling because each company is different. But they wouldn't get mad or anything if you tried.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

howdyfrtx, I would be interested to know how you do with this. We may be making a large purchase from Overstock soon too.
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards

Ohhh Yeah please share with us, if it works out for you.

I want to take the chance and try it but with my luck I probably won’t get any credit at all for trying…. The Overstock.com credit would be more then the giftcertificate.com and I would just hate to get the credit from giftcerticate.com and not the other. I’ll have to think about it…I’ll let you know if I do try it.

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I would do it just because overstock doesn't like to credit as it is. My mom made a large purchase there back the end of July. And got nothing from it. So I would personally "double dip"

Kim

Good to know...thanks Kim!
    Cindy

Sunshine Rewards

Okay, I placed my order for a $500 emailable Overstock gift certificate (through gift certificate.com). Then I headed over to Overtock to make my purchase with my gift certificate. My order total $689 but with the 7% coupon and the $500 gift certificate I paid an additional $144. I received 2% for the 500 gift certificate and then 3% on the $144. In my order with Overstock it stated I had $548 in coupons (which was the 500 GC and $48 for the 7% discount). So, I really missed out on $5 credit if I would have just placed my entire order with Overstock. Lesson learned…
    Cindy

Sunshine Rewards

Thanks so much for posting your experience, even if it didn't end up working out as well as you had hoped.
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards