Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OTX

Thank you all for your help. I got an OTX survey after several tries so I'm a happy girl!! I remembered my brother had installed an Ad-blocker so I turned it off and voila! it worked.

Thanks again for being so helpful to the new gal on the block. Happy Weekend!

As I posted before I am having problems with now 3 in the past week that has not credit 3's charm so I wont do any more on SR again. I have tried it on another site and it credited with no problem so I believe that it is SR.
    Also SR wont do anything about it.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle View Post
    As I posted before I am having problems with now 3 in the past week that has not credit 3's charm so I wont do any more on SR again. I have tried it on another site and it credited with no problem so I believe that it is SR.
    Also SR wont do anything about it.
    I'm sorry that your having problems, but doing them on another site probably IS your problem with them crediting. If your doing them on more then one site which SR recommends you don't then you probably won't get credit. Again sorry your having a tough time, I've been a member for over 2 yrs and probably had less then 6 in 2+ yrs NOT credit.
    Sunshine Rewards

I did it on another site to find out if it would credit and it did. I would rather do them on SR but it is apparent that I am not going to get credit on this site anymore so I will not waste my time. Also it was crediting before the 16th.

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

I have found that OTX is a true 24 hour clock for me. Even if it lets me take another survey, it won't credit unless it's been 24 hours since my last one credited and/or finished successfully.

So it isn't like greenfield where you can take one at 10pm thursday night, then 5 pm friday....not a calendar day, but a true 24 hour day.

Maybe this is an issue with some members not getting credit sometimes?
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

This is on the page for OTX: Click on the banner above to fill out the "qualifying" information. If after you have filled out the qualifying information you are selected to take a survey, you will be rewarded .75 for filling out the survey completely. Please note that we are unable to trace the surveys beyond what OTX credits us for. Do not request credit as we are unable to track beyond what we receive from them. You may try as many times in a day as it takes to get accepted. Survey credits will appear in your accounts generally within a few hours.

So sorry you're having challenges with OTX. All of us, at one time or another do, some more, some less. On the OTX page, it states that SR cannot trace beyond what they receive from them. I believe this is an arrangement from OTX, not SR. I also believe that there is nothing SR can do for technical issues with OTX. Again, up to OTX, not SR. Usually if there is a problem, there will be something in the forum. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn or giving wrong info.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I have to disagree with you that it is an issue with SR and not an issue with your computer. Quite frankly there is a large number of people each day who take and recieve credit for OTX surveys through the same link you use. I can assure you if SR were having issues with everyone (or even a majority of people) taking OTX surveys and not getting credits they would (and have in the past) pulled the link. It does them no good to have people taking surveys and not getting credit...they get nothing when you get nothing. SR wants you to get credit even more than you do...this is a side thing for you and so you can walk away if credits aren't coming...this is Tricia's life and business, how she supports her family. If she doesn't get credit for things enough she doesn't get a paycheck. My point being that I think your post very much sounded like Tricia doesn't care but when it comes to OTX we can only help people as much as they are willing to listen to and try our advice. OTX as a company does not accept complaints about individual crediting issues. Unlike Greenfield who accepts complaints about technical issues with certain surveys OTX doesn't. I personally have never had an OTX not credit. I have had issues with not getting qualified for one. I have had crediting issues on shopping but it was always my computer...not SR. It could be a situation where there is no correlation between you trying the OTX at another site and getting credit. There are so many factors that affect you getting credit because it is all dependent on cookies. Do you have other windows open when taking them at SR? Do you clear cookies after doing them? Do you immediately do another offer after doing them? Do you go to another site and do other survey/offer type things after doing them? Do you clear your cookies everyday before doing an OTX? Do you use the same email and demographics everytime you do an OTX? Did you check that OTX is not on your blocked site list? See what I mean? I am so sorry you are having issues and we are all willing to help you figure out what could be causing the problem but it would involve you doing some trial and error first. Hopefully you can get this figured out.
    Sunshine Rewards

8. Join Date
    May 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I have to disagree with you that it is an issue with SR and not an issue with your computer. Quite frankly there is a large number of people each day who take and recieve credit for OTX surveys through the same link you use. I can assure you if SR were having issues with everyone (or even a majority of people) taking OTX surveys and not getting credits they would (and have in the past) pulled the link. It does them no good to have people taking surveys and not getting credit...they get nothing when you get nothing. SR wants you to get credit even more than you do...this is a side thing for you and so you can walk away if credits aren't coming...this is Tricia's life and business, how she supports her family. If she doesn't get credit for things enough she doesn't get a paycheck. My point being that I think your post very much sounded like Tricia doesn't care but when it comes to OTX we can only help people as much as they are willing to listen to and try our advice. OTX as a company does not accept complaints about individual crediting issues. Unlike Greenfield who accepts complaints about technical issues with certain surveys OTX doesn't. I personally have never had an OTX not credit. I have had issues with not getting qualified for one. I have had crediting issues on shopping but it was always my computer...not SR. It could be a situation where there is no correlation between you trying the OTX at another site and getting credit. There are so many factors that affect you getting credit because it is all dependent on cookies. Do you have other windows open when taking them at SR? Do you clear cookies after doing them? Do you immediately do another offer after doing them? Do you go to another site and do other survey/offer type things after doing them? Do you clear your cookies everyday before doing an OTX? Do you use the same email and demographics everytime you do an OTX? Did you check that OTX is not on your blocked site list? See what I mean? I am so sorry you are having issues and we are all willing to help you figure out what could be causing the problem but it would involve you doing some trial and error first. Hopefully you can get this figured out.
    You were reading my thoughts with your post. The SR crew works many long, hard hours everyday to give us opportunities to make money AND resolve problems. They can only go so far if OTX doesn't offer technical assistance. They don't want you to waste your time BUT they do want you to make an effort. I do have another suggestion when OTX gives you the dreaded "you don't qualify" or "you've exceeded" messages. If your survey gets "stuck" do not refresh your screen first. Try the back arrow. EVERYTIME I've hit the refresh button while stuck I get the "you've exceeded and come back in __ hours" and I get locked out till 24 hours have passed, even though I know I didn't finish one. It thinks you have. Every time I've hit the back browser I've been able to save the survey and pick up where it stopped. Hope this helps.

OUCH!!!!!! But when you try on 3 surveys on 2 computers and none credit it is not the computer. But thanks for flaming me. Since I cannot make a comment I will not post again. Thanks for the hostility then trying to make it sound like your are sorry YEAH RIGHT. If I could cash out right now I would then walk away mainly because of your hateful comments.

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle View Post
    OUCH!!!!!! But when you try on 3 surveys on 2 computers and none credit it is not the computer. But thanks for flaming me. Since I cannot make a comment I will not post again. Thanks for the hostility then trying to make it sound like your are sorry YEAH RIGHT. If I could cash out right now I would then walk away mainly because of your hateful comments.
    I don't think anyone was really trying to be hateful. I think they were just trying to help figure things out. It just does seem odd that they credit just fine for the majority of members. Regardless of whether you rec'd credit from somewhere else, something might be blocking cookies from this advertiser. OTX is offered by many different places / advertisers. So SR otx could be from xyzsurveycompany and your other rewards site otx comes from lmnopsurveycompany.

Have you run Malwarebytes or something similar to see if there is any spyware on your system? It could very well be the reason advertiser X credited but SR didn't is because they loaded something hidden that diverts or blocks other rewards programs.

If you use 2 different computers it is possible you visited the place that had the spyware on both so it is on both systems.

Again, not flaming, bashing, or anything. Just giving other options to consider.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards