Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Signature problems?

Default Signature problems?

Hey Tricia... my signature code doesn't seem to work and I'm not computer savvy enough to know what the problem is. I copied the banner from the SR site but it's just a jumble of characters here. I tried a ticker factory one, too (cut & pasted from my sig on the Disboards). Help?

Thanks,
    Shelly

I think that there is a setting that I am missing somewhere. Let me get the newsletter finished for today (lots of news!) and then I will get back on this again. I am guessing that I am missing something obvious because these boards are pretty easy to administer.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I was working on trying to put a photo in my signature for a while and then I realized that down at the bottom of the screen in the box where it says "Signature Permissions", all the items that are related to images say "no". (Is that as clear as mud?) I had tried both a photo and a SR banner and neither worked for me. Do we have to have so many posts before we can post photos or something?

I think I found the setting that you are talking about, Jill. See if you can add a photo now.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I tried adding my SR banner in my siggie and it isn't working either?
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, as you can see, I was able to put a graphic in my signature, but I tried the SR banner again at it still didn't work. Could the problem be with the banners and not the forums??

I finally figured it out!! (well...Kevin did help a LITTLE bit....)

We now have it set up to allow images for everyone and html for anyone who reaches 25 posts. That way, you have to at least earn the right to put up your referral banner. You might wonder why it would do any good to have up your referral banner if everyone is a member? Once the site goes public (later today most likely), it will start getting indexed by the search engines. So as we talk about offers, merchants, discounts, etc., people searching the web for those things will land here. If they happen to read your post and see your referral banner with your earnings, they might just click on it.

So post away until you get to 25 and then you will be able to include your referral banner in your sig if you like.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I have 25 posts but it still won't show my banner??
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
    I have 25 posts but it still won't show my banner??
    I can see your banner in your signature. Try refreshing or logout/login to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I finally figured it out!! (well...Kevin did help a LITTLE bit....)

We now have it set up to allow images for everyone and html for anyone who reaches 25 posts. That way, you have to at least earn the right to put up your referral banner. You might wonder why it would do any good to have up your referral banner if everyone is a member? Once the site goes public (later today most likely), it will start getting indexed by the search engines. So as we talk about offers, merchants, discounts, etc., people searching the web for those things will land here. If they happen to read your post and see your referral banner with your earnings, they might just click on it.

So post away until you get to 25 and then you will be able to include your referral banner in your sig if you like.
    Cool! I don't have any referrals yet.
    I better get posting.....gotta get up to 25!!!