Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wikki Stix?

Default Wikki Stix?

Have any of you with kids ever seen Wikki Stix? I saw some for the first time today and LOVED them! We were at a restaurant and they gave a little package of them to my daughter.

They are like thread only they are covered in wax. So you can bend them and twist them and make things out of them and then reuse them again. I can't imagine how nice they would be to have in the car, on the airplane, etc. They are no mess at all. And when they wear out, you just pitch them. So far, I can only find them on Amazon and at Dick Blick. The package I got today could have been split by both of my girls and played with for at least an hour or more before they got bored. And the packages I saw for sale had about 5 time the number of sticks as this one for $6.

Does anyone else have these? I can't believe I have never seen them before. Looks like a lot of teaching places have them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I know you can purchase them at walmart.

I got some with a kiddie meal years ago and carried them in my purse for a long time.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

DD used to have some. I just asked her what ever happened to them and she can't emember, but said "they were cool." They were really fun. I remember she made a bunch of flowers with them one time stuck to her bedroom door. HMMMM, I'm wondering if they got thrown out one time during a round of cleaning...I'll have to go on a hunt for them.

I think I purchased them at a teacher supply store, but that was a couple of years ago.

Speaking of which...do we have any teacher supply stores through SR??
    Sunshine Rewards

I bet I know which restaurant chain you were at. Our kids love to go there specifically because they give WikkiSticks instead of crayons and placemats We asked if we could have a couple of extra sets before we went to Florida and they kept all four kids, even the teenager, occupied for at least an hour.

The preschool in the church where I work ordered a bunch last year. I should check their stash to see if they have any spares I can steal.
    Sunshine Rewards

TIAMOMMA is offline McChingy, I like that, it has a nice ring to it. Kind of like a new McDonald's entree.

I'm intrigued by this - it sounds like something my kids would enjoy.

I see they have them at A.C. Moore's stores - did anyone ever see them there? Maybe I'll take a ride out this weekend. This may be a great idea for the plane ride to WDW next month.
    Sunshine Rewards

What age group do you think they would be ideal for?
    Sunshine Rewards

TIAMOMMA is offline McChingy, I like that, it has a nice ring to it. Kind of like a new McDonald's entree.

It looks to me like it would be fun for anyone, and I'm (cough, cough, 40)!

I may need to do research - which restaurant has these? I may need to go out to dinner to investigate this toy, lol!
    Sunshine Rewards

Definitely looks like it would be good to take along for the plane ride. We have a 3 year old and I stock up on new and interesting things to entertain him while on the plane. Thanks for the heads up on this one!!
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I used these one year when I was teaching a sight impaired little girl. She had so much fun with them...she liked that she could do art also!
    Sunshine Rewards