Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mineral Makeup

Default Mineral Makeup

Help me understand this whole mineral makeup thing. I got some of the Simply Karen and it just seems to look weird on me. Not so much the color. More the texture. It just looks "fake" or something. I keep hearing that mineral makeup looks more natural. I feel like I have this stuff caked on. Maybe my pores are just too big? Or maybe I did it wrong?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

You're probably using too much. I know I did when I first started using it. It takes a little getting used to. Make sure you tap the excess of your brush first too.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I worn Bare Minerals for about five years, then switched to Philosophy and I'm now in love with Physicians Formula in the compact. I've not tried the Simply Karen but I also think that you might have put on too much. Try putting less on and buff it into your skin. It really is different foundation and takes getting used to it but I would never go back to yucky, sticky liquid foundation again. HTH
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I LOVE my everyday minerals...but it did take some getting used to. I didn't think I would like it at first. The idea is to use only a little, and add more only if you need it. Mineral makeup SHOULD look and feel more natural. Mine still looks like I have makeup on, but less than when I wore a regular creme foundation and powder over. Another plus...my rosacea has really improved since I started using the everday minerals!

My advice would be keep playing around with it and see what you think in another week or so. Good luck!
    Sunshine Rewards

I am also wondering if it is Simply Karen. I am not sure I am happy with it. I haven't tried any other bare minerals but I just don't like it much. I do like her eyeshadow though.
    <Sunshine Rewards

I haven't tried Simply Karen but I've used Bare Minerals for years and would never switch to anything else. (My friends even joke that I should be a rep because I've "converted" so many people) The key is really to keep playing around with it til you find your comfort level. And really less is more. Good Luck!
    Lisa

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

I tried Bare Minerals for about 2 months and HATED it. It was always too powdery, seemed to make my pores look bigger and also clogged them up a lot. I think for someone who is maybe in their youth (early 20s to 30s) it may be better, but I didn't like it. I read all the reviews on QVC and many older women had the same bad results. It's back to Elizabeth Arden for me.

I use the Everyday Minerals and I really like it. My only complaint is that my counter looks like a duststorm hit it if I don't wipe it down!
    I priced the Simply Karen and it wasn't competitive even with the Sunshine Rewards money back. Sorry to say that about an affiliate.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    I LOVE my everyday minerals...but it did take some getting used to. I didn't think I would like it at first. The idea is to use only a little, and add more only if you need it. Mineral makeup SHOULD look and feel more natural. Mine still looks like I have makeup on, but less than when I wore a regular creme foundation and powder over. Another plus...my rosacea has really improved since I started using the everday minerals!

My advice would be keep playing around with it and see what you think in another week or so. Good luck!

I love my Everyday Minerals too! It did take some getting used to, but I wouldn't ever go back to liquid now. I simply pour a little of the mineral foundation into the lid of the container, swirl my kabuki brush in it, tap off the excess and then buff into my face using circular motion until I have the desired coverage. My face breaks out way less now and I definitely look more natural wearing minerals. I am thinking of trying the Simply Karen minerals, but I've heard it settles into lines and creases, which I have a few of (age 34) and I definitely do NOT want those little beauties accentuated!
    GoofyBaby on the DISboards! Have a magical day!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Tricia - my face can't handle the powder of this type of makeup so I can't really help with application but if you have a Sephora nearby they are big into Bare Minerals. You could always pop in and ask them about how to apply Bare Minerals to your skin and see if they can help you out (don't tell them about Simply Karen).
    Sunshine Rewards