Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Makeup Junkies - Sephora alert

Wow! How did I miss this post? Thanks for the heads up. I am definately going to have to check this out. I missed the mascara set last year too. I wanted to know if their sets are good. I love Sephora's sets. I always get my DD a set or two. Last year her last Christmas present to open was the Sephora lip set. She only then told me that she hoping for one again. Hard to leave that site without a couple of things for me. Plus the samples are fantastic! I love the birthday presents. A 500 pt one??? Can't wait to see that.

Cate...how are the stila products? That is one line I haven't tried yet.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Candi View Post
    Cindy, have you ever tried the Laura Mercier primer? Just wondering how the product you recommended compares to what I already use. Thanks.
    I use Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer and I love it! It works really well. I can definitely see a difference in how smoothly my foundation goes on when I use it. I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and foundation, too, and they are designed to work together.

I also like Korres Face Primer because it is silicone and paraben free. I was using it this summer when it hit 104 outside and the A/C broke inside at work and my makeup did not move even though I was a sweaty mess!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I am a HUGE fan of Stila. I love their eye shadows, the tinted moisturizer (the SPF 15 one not the SPF 30 one - too thick), eye liner, and lip glosses. Around Christmas they will release their lip gloss set and it is good but I have so many glosses that I have been skipping it.

I have yet to meet a person who was not in love with their Kitten eyeshadow. It is the perfect shadow for everyday wear.

Their smudge pots are great eyeliners but you have to have a brush and a fairly straight hand. They aren't as forgiving as your regular pencil. My friend uses their pencil liners and likes those.

Oh if you buy their eyeshadow just go ahead and buy the 4 pan silver eyeshadow holder rather than the paper ones. The metal pan is magnetic and you can refill the pans when you are out of the shadows and swap them up.

These are the shadows that I wear on a regular basis:
    Kitten (shimmering nude pink) - this is more of a shimmery light brown
    Barefoot Contessa (shimmering metallic plum) ~ goes with Kitten and Cloud
    Cloud (shimmering neutral grey)
    Moonlight (shimmering white) ~ goes with Prize
    Prize (soft gold shimmer)
    Sun (shimmering golden peach) ~ goes with Kitten
    Shore (shimmering blue grey) ~ goes with both Kitten and Cloud

This is the duo I just bought: Tatiana (light shimmering pink/ light silvery purple). During the summer I live on the Prize/Moonlight combo and then their old pink color Cassia which they just discontinued and Stalker which is made by Urban Decay.
    Sunshine Rewards

I love holiday sets at Sephora!

I've been eyeing several of the Sephora Favorites: Glitz and Glam, Lip Service, Lash Stash (got this last year and loved it!) and the holiday sets from LORAC, Tarte (treasure chest and cheek stains,) Korres, Urban Decay, Fresh, and Josie Maran. Plus some of the new Sephora by OPI nail colors and a bunch of other stuff! They seem to be adding some new sets every week and I'm hoping to see some from Benefit, Caudalie, and Boscia

My favorites list is very long right now and I don't even want to add it up.

Sunni-- you asked about Stila products. I *love* Stila eyeshadows-- they are so soft and blendable! I also like the convertible colors, smudgepots, and the long-wearing lip color. The one product I do not care for are the lip glazes because they come in a click pen that, IMO, is wasteful and messy, and the gloss is tackier than I like. But the eyeshadows are fantastic-- some of the best available right now, IMO.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    I love holiday sets at Sephora!

I've been eyeing several of the Sephora Favorites: Glitz and Glam, Lip Service, Lash Stash (got this last year and loved it!) and the holiday sets from LORAC, Tarte (treasure chest and cheek stains,) Korres, Urban Decay, Fresh, and Josie Maran. Plus some of the new Sephora by OPI nail colors and a bunch of other stuff! They seem to be adding some new sets every week and I'm hoping to see some from Benefit, Caudalie, and Boscia

My favorites list is very long right now and I don't even want to add it up.

Sunni-- you asked about Stila products. I *love* Stila eyeshadows-- they are so soft and blendable! I also like the convertible colors, smudgepots, and the long-wearing lip color. The one product I do not care for are the lip glazes because they come in a click pen that, IMO, is wasteful and messy, and the gloss is tackier than I like. But the eyeshadows are fantastic-- some of the best available right now, IMO.
    LOL you like just about everything I like. I do find the lip glosses to be a little tacky but I just try to not put as much on. I actually have switched over to the Buxom lips by Bare Minerals. There is a color at Sephora called Claire that is just pretty with everything.

Sunni - if you want to do another lip set do the Buxom lips set. This one looked good color wise but I'd wait to see if another one comes out for the holidays as you only get 2 small lip glosses for $18 which seems high IMO -> Buxom Babes Lip Polish Duo Featuring Destiny & Amber

If you want to go with an eye shadow palette this one by Too Faced is on my list -> Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection. It looks great for everyday and for traveling. I like their shadows as well.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    LOL you like just about everything I like. I do find the lip glosses to be a little tacky but I just try to not put as much on. I actually have switched over to the Buxom lips by Bare Minerals. There is a color at Sephora called Claire that is just pretty with everything.

Sunni - if you want to do another lip set do the Buxom lips set. This one looked good color wise but I'd wait to see if another one comes out for the holidays as you only get 2 small lip glosses for $18 which seems high IMO -> Buxom Babes Lip Polish Duo Featuring Destiny & Amber

If you want to go with an eye shadow palette this one by Too Faced is on my list -> Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection. It looks great for everyday and for traveling. I like their shadows as well.
    LOL! Yay for Stila girls! There is a new mini-smudgepot collection that has Kitten, Black Cat, and a violet and blue shade. I wanted the new purple smudgepot from the Barbie collection, but I might get the mini-collection instead.

I like Buxom lipgloss, too. Beautiful colors and they are really smooth and long lasting. They also have a fun cooling/tingling sensation when you put them on.

I've recently been loving Korres Cherry Lipgloss. They are smooth and long lasting and they are paraben-free. The Nude 33 shade is the perfect my-lips-but-better color for me. There are a couple of value sets on Sephora that feature the lipgloss.

If you are a makeup junkie or have a makeup junkie in your family, Sephora is starting to come out with the holiday gift sets. They restocked their lashstash set which is travel sized mascaras from 11 different brands. This one sells out really quickly and they won't restock for Christmas - trust me I waited too long last year and it sold out.

I got 2 last night and checked another person off my holiday list.

Also, if you click on the sale button on their first page you'll see that they have some left over Philosophy gift sets from last year. It is all bath stuff and creams so it hasn't gone bad and won't go bad so there is another money saver there.
    The lash stash sampler is currently on sale for $27!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    The lash stash sampler is currently on sale for $27!

I bought several of these last year for Christmas gifts and they were a huge hit!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

If you are a makeup junkie or have a makeup junkie in your family, Sephora is starting to come out with the holiday gift sets. They restocked their lashstash set which is travel sized mascaras from 11 different brands. This one sells out really quickly and they won't restock for Christmas - trust me I waited too long last year and it sold out.

I got 2 last night and checked another person off my holiday list.

Also, if you click on the sale button on their first page you'll see that they have some left over Philosophy gift sets from last year. It is all bath stuff and creams so it hasn't gone bad and won't go bad so there is another money saver there.
    This years' Holiday gift sets are out!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Yay! I actually just bought one thing as a holiday gift last week. I forget who made it but it was eye shadow and blush for my mom.
    Sunshine Rewards