Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can lead a horse to water...

Default You can lead a horse to water...

But you can't make them join SR. For about 6 months, I have had my referral link in my signature on a board that permits it. It's a beauty board, so I mention Drugstore.com, Sally's, and Walgreens in my signature. I have gotten no referrals, not even sign-ups from it. I want to start screaming every time I see them post about dropping $$$ at one of those stores.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I feel you. I am on a different disney board and there is a thread that Kim and I started over a year ago about how people save for disney. We both talk about doing surveys and I bring it up every now and then as the thread still gets traffic. Instead of asking for more info most of the people just respond that they work overtime a few months before their trip to make the money. Personally, I'd prefer to take surveys at home with Mike every day for a year than staying late at work but whatever floats your boat.
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I know exactly. I have a couple referrals. I referred them specifically because they shop online, one hits ebay all the time. But, they aren't going thru SR like they should or their balance would be moving.

As to working over, I do that alot. Mainly because of our very small staff, and the money is nice. I try to put it aside for Disney or other special items. However, I like being home and I can do surveys in the comfort of my livingroom while being with my kids.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I feel your pain....I have 3 referrals and two of them did nothing so far and one of those two is my best friend and the other is my sister. My friend joined in 2007 even though she knows all about it and how many GC that I've gotten, still won't do it??? I just don't understand it at all? My sister, I understand, she has no money to spend to shop but at least she could be doing the survey's? Too lazy in my opinion.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I feel you. I am on a different disney board and there is a thread that Kim and I started over a year ago about how people save for disney. We both talk about doing surveys and I bring it up every now and then as the thread still gets traffic. Instead of asking for more info most of the people just respond that they work overtime a few months before their trip to make the money. Personally, I'd prefer to take surveys at home with Mike every day for a year than staying late at work but whatever floats your boat.
    Um, I just calculated my OT this pay period into Dolewhips..is that weird?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Uhh, yeah.

Off, to see what I can calculate my OT into...

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

No! I didn't mean the working OT like it is a bad thing. I guess in my field we don't have the option for paid overtime so I totally despise working more than I have to. So hearing elected overtime vs. home doing surveys was odd to me.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Not really - my DD refers to my surveys as an extra mickey bar! Now that she is 8 we have been getting more surveys that she can take and she actually wants to take them and earn more money for Disney!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

It burns my butt to hear people complaining they don't have any extra money, can't find a job, all that, when they can certainly supplement themselves by putting out a little effort. Ya, shopping is out for some, even though you can't tell me that they don't buy stuff that we have on SR, however, surveys and the offers and those things, certainly they can take some time out of their day to make a little money, it does add up. I tell those kind of people not to complain to me. Period.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    It burns my butt to hear people complaining they don't have any extra money, can't find a job, all that, when they can certainly supplement themselves by putting out a little effort. Ya, shopping is out for some, even though you can't tell me that they don't buy stuff that we have on SR, however, surveys and the offers and those things, certainly they can take some time out of their day to make a little money, it does add up. I tell those kind of people not to complain to me. Period.
    I agree totally, very well said!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES