Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Books?

Default Audio Books?

Do we have enough people interested in audiobooks to try to get a special deal going with audible.com?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Do we have enough people interested in audiobooks to try to get a special deal going with audible.com?
    The only ones I'm interested in right now are HP, I've heard that listening to him read them are just as interesting. So if I had to pick, I would do it for Harry! lol
    Sunshine Rewards

I listen to audio books all the time! I typically get them from the library because they're free that way, but in certain cases I have purchased them. So, I can't promise that I would buy even with a deal, but I would consider it for sure!

And askomsky, the HP audio books are excellent! I've listened to all of them (most of them more than once) and the narrator is just fantastic.

The bad news is that Audible.com does not have Harry Potter yet. The good news is that we have negotiated a deal!!!

From now through September 30, if you sign up for a Gold Listener membership at Audible.com, you will get $12 back from Sunshine Rewards. This is an amazing deal because you get your first 3 months for $7.49. That's a free book each month plus other member benefits. Audiobooks usually run anywhere from $20 to upwards of $40 if they are new releases.

This is a fantastic time to try Audible.com because it is basically no risk. You don't lose anything if you try it for one month. Even if you only try it for 2 months, it would still only cost you $3. After the 3rd month, the rate does go up to their standard $14.95 fee. But that is still about half of what you would pay for most audiobooks.

Anyone up for giving it a try?

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/shopping/Audible/
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Oh my, that really is a great deal!! It's like get a 50% discount on that three month membership.

I have a teen who is just getting killed with freshman homework. He loves to read but just hasn't had time to enjoy it since school started. I think Audible.com may be just what he needs. We downloaded a book from iTunes this summer that was much more expensive, and he thought that was great. Definitely going to have to check this out!

If you've followed all of the promotion of books at SR recently but just aren't a reader. This may be just want you need too!
    Angie

I did it I am currently downloading the software so I can burn the cd and listen in my car

I'm so happy to see that a few of you have gotten in on this INCREASED cash back for Audible.com. After a very busy weekend, I'll be placing my order as well!

$12 cash back ends 9/30--Don't miss it!
    Angie

i hate to sound too stupid but how exactly does audible.com work? do you have to have an ipod to listen to the book, do they supply audio discs? it sounds like a great deal but would love to know more about it first. if anyone could give me some info about this it would be greatly appreciated.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

Quote Originally Posted by marcymajor View Post
    i hate to sound too stupid but how exactly does audible.com work? do you have to have an ipod to listen to the book, do they supply audio discs? it sounds like a great deal but would love to know more about it first. if anyone could give me some info about this it would be greatly appreciated.
    You can listen on your computer, burn it to a CD or put it on your Ipod, several different ways.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by marcymajor View Post
    You don't actually have to have an "iPod" either. After downloading the audiobook from Audible.com, you can put it on an iPod, Zune, or OTHER MP3 Player. I don't have an iPod, but I can use Audible on my Samsung MP3.
    Angie