Thread: Printer Recommendations

Default Printer Recommendations

Does anyone have an all-in-one printer that they really love (or, actually, that they really hate so I know to avoid it, haha)? We are shopping for a new printer & are stuck. It's for home use and just a small quantity of printing (nothing like an office would need). We don't need a fax machine included, but we would like a scanner. The main reason that we want a scanner is for scanning old family photos (like of our parents' & grandparents' childhoods). Scanning documents / paperwork type things isn't too important although we would do it occasionally.

I'm looking forward to narrowing our search & watching for a good deal through SR! Thanks for your help!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

My mom has an HP but I don't know what model it is. It is a printer/scanner combo. If she or my brother gets on AIM today while I'm still at work I'll let you know what model number it is.

We've only used HP in our family and I am in love with them. I have yet to have a bad one. I do remember my first job in high school/college we used Epson and Lexmark and both were terrible and would break. I think they finally bought an HP and didn't have trouble with it at all.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok her's is similar to the HP Deskjet F4480 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier
    Sunshine Rewards

I got a canon mp620B

I use it to scan/copy, print... My daughter has been scanning her artwork, and she is happy with the quality.

It has separate ink cartridges so I can replace one color at a time.

I think it also prints pictures...but I haven't done that yet.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

I'm going to be watching this thread. I have an HP printer/scanner/copier as well, but I keep having connection issues with mine. I don't think the model number would do you wany good since the thing is around 6 years old. It's only when I try to scan something in that I have connection issues, and I'm not sure how much is from messing up the settings on my computer over the years.

I am looking to get a new computer once Windows 7 comes out and a new PSC would be nice too.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

ooh I need a new laptop. Are you using any websites to research? I'm waiting till Windows 7 comes down and possibly after the holidays hoping the price will drop some.
    Sunshine Rewards

Ok the one my family has is the Deskjet 2175. It's an HP that scans, prints, and copies
    Sunshine Rewards

Nothing serious yet. I've looked at what they have on Bestbuy.com since I prefer to get from Best Buy. We have a new one opening up in two days and I'm goign to check some of the computers out in person Sunday AND pick up Wii Fit Plus then too.

My brother did find me a Dell desktop package that looked good, but it's not listed as a package this week. I figure with Windows 7 coming out Oct. 22 and holiday sales, I should be able to find something I like.

Right now I'm mostly just keeping an eye on the Sunday ads to see what's out there.
    Last edited by mmm611; 09-29-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I see. I'm trying to figure out who makes the better laptops but haven't found a great review site yet. We have dells, HPs, and lenovos at my work and so far the lenovos are the favorites and the HPs are the worst. Dell is middle of the road from what I've heard. I just want to find something good for a good price point.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the recommendations! I would still appreciate any additional thoughts as well because we haven't quite made up our minds yet.

I was already sort of leaning towards HP or Canon so I'm glad to see that folks agree with that for the most part. I feel like HP is such a reputable brand and at my old job we had one that was pretty good. And we have owned 2 Canon digital cameras with great results. Strong reasons for choosing one of them for a printer, haha.