Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney Dollar News

Default Disney Dollar News

Unfortunately, Disney has confirmed that they will no longer be selling Disney Dollars through their Disney Stores. In addition, you cannot buy them online. You can buy them by mail but you cannot use credit cards, have to pay for express shipping, and are capped at $300.

Because of this, I have had to pull the Disney Dollars as a redemption option. I do currently have it up as a Super Member cashout that SMs (and SM Plus) can do once a month. I think I can get my hands on enough each quarter to keep a limited supply on hand....just not the thousands of dollars that we usually go through each month.

I'm going to continue to explore some options, but I wanted to let everyone know. Supposedly Disney plans on "expanding" the gift card program somehow.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Honestly, I had no idea these were so popular. I would have thought the Gift Cards were first choice.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternateEgo View Post
    Honestly, I had no idea these were so popular. I would have thought the Gift Cards were first choice.
    I used to buy them, in the past, for Easter baskets, stocking stuffers, etc. My girls can get a better handle on how money they have "left" when they can see it. Plus, they just like them.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

That is too bad as I know the kids really like them. I was planning to get some for my niece before we go in June.
    Sunshine Rewards

That is disappointing. I prefer the gift cards, but I know a lot of tooth fairies that use the Disney Dollars!
    Sunshine Rewards

Can they be bought at Disneyland or Disney World? We go to Disneyland about once a month - I could purchase them for you. I don't know how that would work but it's something to think about if they can be bought at Disneyland.

Karn
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Disappointing, but we all understand that it's totally out of your hands, Tricia. I too like to mostly cash out for gift cards, but Disney Dollars are fun for the kids, and fun to have on hand for quick treats at WDW. I bought some for my kids last night at the DS cause it's a way to MAKE them save their money for WDW- we traded their allowances in for the dollars. Glad we didn't wait another week! For those of you who do this, the CM I talked to last night said Saturday would be the last day they sell them in store.

I've also been going in tho, and loading $20-40 at a time on one of my gift cards as another way to make myself save for our trip. (can you tell I have issues with saving?)
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

are they phasing this out, or is it a done deal, right now? I liked being able to buy them online using my disney rewards card, when it was about to expire!

Quote Originally Posted by cjnix32 View Post
    are they phasing this out, or is it a done deal, right now? I liked being able to buy them online using my disney rewards card, when it was about to expire!
    I don't know how it is going to impact the Disney Rewards Card ones. They just are not selling them in the stores anymore. I have a feeling that they are being phased out, though, across the board before too long.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Oh that is a shame - the tooth fairy and Easter bunny used them alot.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards