Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convince Me To Buy A Wii!

Default Convince Me To Buy A Wii!

anyone have a wii? do you like it? does your family use it a lot? or enough? i would LOVE to be able to play toy story midway mania at home, but i'm having a hard time justifying buying a wii to do so, lol. it could be the family christmas gift, but i'm still hesitating. help pull me off the fence!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

We have a Wii and I'll be honest, it just sits. Mike is not interested in using it because of the controls/graphics aren't as cool as his PS2 and XBOX 360. He actually went out and bought the XBOX this year because he didn't like the Wii. I hate playing by myself and have never been a gamer so I don't hook it up very often.

I'm sure you'll hear positives but wanted to give you my experience with it.
    Sunshine Rewards

We had the opposite experience. We have a PS2 and no one every played it. Since we got the Wii, we use it all the time. We use it almost every time we have people over (New Year Party, 4th of July, in-laws in town...anything). And my girls want to play it every day.

I don't play much myself unless we are having family game night. I just never seem to have time. But everyone else seems to get a lot of use out of it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I love my wii, other then exercising, we play games on it. I'm not big on playing the games that we have for our PS3, so DH plays on the wii with me. I have never ever ever been into the game playing, just sittin there, but with the bowling and the target shooting and the carnival and the circus games, its a blast. You won't be sorry.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

What kind of games is your family into? What about you personally?

My family got our first Nintendo 18 years ago, right before my brother was born. My mom used to play some of the puzzle games on that, but I think everyone else got so much better than her that she quit playing. The Wii is nice because you can download those older games. As for the rest of my family, my dad and youngest brother play it a lot. My brothers are 17, 20, and 24. The 20 year old has his own as well and took that to college two weeks ago. My oldest brother has not gotten one yet because he likes his PS3 better. We figured out how to get the friend thing worked out on Mario Kart so I can play them if we all happen to be on at the same time.

I'm personally really picky with games, so Xbox and PS3 really don't have anything that appeals to me. I like the Mario games, Mario Kart, puzzle games, and Wii Fit. I actually got mine in Feb. for the sole purpose of being able to do Wii Fit, but knew I liked some of the other games as well.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

We never had another game console...so I can't compare the different types.
    After years of saying no to console gaming... I finally said yes to the wii.. It is more active.. more fun... more group friendly than others ( I think)

I think it will depend on what your family likes in games... but we love all the sports ones... bowling, tennis, golf, boxing...I like the wii fit too...

I have two girls (12,8) they love sonic games, mario games, we also got guitar heroes which seems to be the favorite at the moment.

I love playing lego indy and lego star wars with my youngest... but for the most part I just play the sport type games as I'm not very good at the regular games.

When I say sport games I mean playing them by swinging the wii controller around... not the team type sports.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

My family gets lots of use out of the Wii. I use it for Wii Fit (not as much as I should ), and we played Toy Story Mania last night as a family game night. It is mainly used by the girls, but I like that there are plenty of games we can all play together. We had considered a PS3, but the girls really like Mario and we were more interested in the offerings for a family than for whether or not the graphics were the greatest. Whenever we have people over, the kids invariably end up on the Wii, and many times the adults do, too!

If you are serious gamers, the PS3 or XBOX is probably a better choice. If you're looking for activities that everyone from young children to grandparents can enjoy, the Wii is the best for that at this time.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

thank you everyone! i need both the positive and the negative! we're not big gamers, and would mostly play it as a family. DH is great at puzzle games and would do well with the sports games, and DD loves pretty much anything. she's got a nintendo DS and gameboy advance and plays those pretty regularly. i was considering the buy.com deal cindy mentioned earlier on another thread-wii for $199 plus wii sports.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    thank you everyone! i need both the positive and the negative! we're not big gamers, and would mostly play it as a family. DH is great at puzzle games and would do well with the sports games, and DD loves pretty much anything. she's got a nintendo DS and gameboy advance and plays those pretty regularly. i was considering the buy.com deal cindy mentioned earlier on another thread-wii for $199 plus wii sports.
    If you aren't big gamers you should do well with the wii. Our problem is that I'm not a gamer and Mike is too much of one so the wii just gets left behind. Hopefully that will change with more nights in.
    Sunshine Rewards

So far we all like ours. It was to be a family Christmas gift, but I ended up just giving it to DS12 for his birthday a week ago Friday. I ordered the Wii Fit for myself Thursday night and today I ordered Toy Storia Mania. We've never been gamers either. DS enjoys his PS2 but really only plays Madden and Call of Duty. He's interested in the sports activities and even getting more Wii games so I think it's a hit. I didn't get the great Buy.com deal, but ordered it as a package with cooling and charging stations and the sports accessories & a backpack off of QVC and we are very happy with it.

Question for those with Toy Story Mania... I have yet to invest in multiple controlers. Can you take turns playing that one with just the one?