Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diet rite group

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    Didn't work for me. I'm back to my regular diet and I've lost 3 pounds since we have been home (3 weeks).

Also trying to step up the exercise.
    Great going, Kathie! Sounds like it is great plan for you, so I don't blame you for switching. Cindy's diet works really well for me, so I'm going to keep plugging along.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Didn't work for me. I'm back to my regular diet and I've lost 3 pounds since we have been home (3 weeks).

Also trying to step up the exercise.
    Awesome, whats your regular diet?
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Awesome, whats your regular diet?
    This is the diet my cardiologist has recommended.

No salt/sodium
    No refined sugar
    No caffeine
    No potatoes---Sweet potatoes are ok once in a while
    No white rice
    No white flour
    Plus I have a dairy allergy so I can't have milk etc.

Mostly fruits and vegetables and all the fiber I can get.

Breakfast 1 of the following always with fruit an apple, banana, or lately pomagrante. Yum

Soy yogurt with granola
    A Van's waffle (dairy free)
    Instant oatmeal

6 oz glass of OJ

I try to go to my exercise class early int he morning so often I come home and eat fruit only........if I am not hungry.

Lunch 1 of the following choices.

3- Low salt cold cut rolls up with hummus. I make them myself and add lettuce or bean sprouts. Add celery sticks and carrot sticks to that. Sometimes I skip the hummus but I always cut them up and eat them with a fork. Makes me think I am eating more.

Low salt cold cut sandwich with Pepperidge Farm Extra Fiber Bread. It's 40 calories per slice and each slice has 2g of fiber. 3 slices of this bread = 2 slices of other breads. And....it tastes good. I use lettuce and tomatoe on the sandwich and fat free mayo or mustard.

Homemade soup or chili. I make lots of different kinds that I freeze in single serve portions.

Dinner

Usually a 5 oz portion of meat or fish, 2 vegetables or a vegetable and a salad.

Once in a while we'll have pasta. The kids love American Chop Suey and they have been here a lot. Or Steve will make a chicken cutlet dish with artichoke hearts, mushroom and red roasted peppers. Over fettucini noodles or any past.........delish. I just limit my portion and have a big salad with it.

We eat a lot of beans. I saute some garlic in olive oil, throw in some homemade chicken broth and then throw in some cannelini (canned but rinsed really well) beans. I let them simmer until the beans absorb the liquid. In the last 5 minutes I throw in some fresh spinach and turn off the heat. OMG...so good.

For snack at night (I have to take meds before bed with food) I have a Vitalicious brownie. I treat myself and have dark chocolate once a day. Lindt dark chocolate bar....2 squares.

If I am hungry during the day I have fruit, nuts, or veggie sticks.

I also drink a lot of water and have cut out the caffeine. I have a glass of wine once in a while too.

The doctor and I talked about moderation and staying away from the 'white carbs'. I don't eat a lot of processed foods because of my dairy allergy. Dairy is in nearly everything. Before my allergy was discovered, I was so sick all the time I lost 25 pounds. When I stopped all dairy, I lost another 10. Funny thing.........I was still getting sick. Enter into the mix dairy by-products. Once I eliminated those I lost another 10 pounds.

I have to be careful to get enough calcium since I am not getting it from dairy products. I take a calcium pill.

This may not work for everyone but it seems to work for me. I was at a standstill there for a bit but I'm trying to up my exercise and that seems to be working.

The eating in between meals is big for me. Afternoon and after dinner are my worst times. If I really need to eat something, I'll have a vitalicious muffin top or brownie, vegetable sticks or microwave popcorn.

The vitalicious are only 100 calories, satisfying and loads of fiber.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

This is the diet my cardiologist has recommended.

No salt/sodium
    No refined sugar
    No caffeine
    No potatoes---Sweet potatoes are ok once in a while
    No white rice
    No white flour
    Plus I have a dairy allergy so I can't have milk etc.

Mostly fruits and vegetables and all the fiber I can get.

Breakfast 1 of the following always with fruit an apple, banana, or lately pomagrante. Yum

Soy yogurt with granola
    A Van's waffle (dairy free)
    Instant oatmeal

6 oz glass of OJ

I try to go to my exercise class early int he morning so often I come home and eat fruit only........if I am not hungry.

Lunch 1 of the following choices.

3- Low salt cold cut rolls up with hummus. I make them myself and add lettuce or bean sprouts. Add celery sticks and carrot sticks to that. Sometimes I skip the hummus but I always cut them up and eat them with a fork. Makes me think I am eating more.

Low salt cold cut sandwich with Pepperidge Farm Extra Fiber Bread. It's 40 calories per slice and each slice has 2g of fiber. 3 slices of this bread = 2 slices of other breads. And....it tastes good. I use lettuce and tomatoe on the sandwich and fat free mayo or mustard.

Homemade soup or chili. I make lots of different kinds that I freeze in single serve portions.

Dinner

Usually a 5 oz portion of meat or fish, 2 vegetables or a vegetable and a salad.

Once in a while we'll have pasta. The kids love American Chop Suey and they have been here a lot. Or Steve will make a chicken cutlet dish with artichoke hearts, mushroom and red roasted peppers. Over fettucini noodles or any past.........delish. I just limit my portion and have a big salad with it.

We eat a lot of beans. I saute some garlic in olive oil, throw in some homemade chicken broth and then throw in some cannelini (canned but rinsed really well) beans. I let them simmer until the beans absorb the liquid. In the last 5 minutes I throw in some fresh spinach and turn off the heat. OMG...so good.

For snack at night (I have to take meds before bed with food) I have a Vitalicious brownie. I treat myself and have dark chocolate once a day. Lindt dark chocolate bar....2 squares.

If I am hungry during the day I have fruit, nuts, or veggie sticks.

I also drink a lot of water and have cut out the caffeine. I have a glass of wine once in a while too.

The doctor and I talked about moderation and staying away from the 'white carbs'. I don't eat a lot of processed foods because of my dairy allergy. Dairy is in nearly everything. Before my allergy was discovered, I was so sick all the time I lost 25 pounds. When I stopped all dairy, I lost another 10. Funny thing.........I was still getting sick. Enter into the mix dairy by-products. Once I eliminated those I lost another 10 pounds.

I have to be careful to get enough calcium since I am not getting it from dairy products. I take a calcium pill.

This may not work for everyone but it seems to work for me. I was at a standstill there for a bit but I'm trying to up my exercise and that seems to be working.

The eating in between meals is big for me. Afternoon and after dinner are my worst times. If I really need to eat something, I'll have a vitalicious muffin top or brownie, vegetable sticks or microwave popcorn.

The vitalicious are only 100 calories, satisfying and loads of fiber.
    Wow, I give you a lot of credit for following this. I can see not eating the white stuff and this is part of what I'm trying to do because it's horrible for you but what is wrong with caffeine? I turn to a cup of coffee or tea when I'm hungry or bored in the afternoon it seems to fill me up and with not too many calories, I don't put sugar in anything so that helps...not that I'm ready to cut it out anytime soon, just curious.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Wow, Kathie, that's quite the diet. Not sure if I'd be able to follow it, but perhaps if I had the dairy allergies you do, I would have to. It makes Cindy's diet plan pretty lenient.

Pam, I think the reason Cindy's plan is easy to follow for me is that I work full time at a place that does not have a cafeteria. Since I need to bring everything except dinner, I just pack it all in a lunch bag and take it with me. I don't have to think too hard to figure out what to bring, and once I'm at work, I can only eat what I brought. When you're hungry, anything tastes good, lol! When I come home, I can eat 1/2 of whatever I would normally have for dinner, so I don't feel so deprived. Whatever works, I say!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Wow, Kathie, that's quite the diet. Not sure if I'd be able to follow it, but perhaps if I had the dairy allergies you do, I would have to. It makes Cindy's diet plan pretty lenient.

Pam, I think the reason Cindy's plan is easy to follow for me is that I work full time at a place that does not have a cafeteria. Since I need to bring everything except dinner, I just pack it all in a lunch bag and take it with me. I don't have to think too hard to figure out what to bring, and once I'm at work, I can only eat what I brought. When you're hungry, anything tastes good, lol! When I come home, I can eat 1/2 of whatever I would normally have for dinner, so I don't feel so deprived. Whatever works, I say!
    I think that's my problem....I'm home WITH all the food! But I need to do something, I'm out of control.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Wow, I give you a lot of credit for following this. I can see not eating the white stuff and this is part of what I'm trying to do because it's horrible for you but what is wrong with caffeine?
    I have trouble sleeping. I was only having one cup a day.....in the morning. Not having any caffeine has helped and I do drink decaf once in a while and herb teas. It's just my weird body.

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Yea...I don't have a choice. It's been about 6 years and I'm still learning. Now I am at a point that the dairy has to build up in my system before I have a reaction. That's a good thing....it doesn't take much but if I happen to ingest a small amount I might end up with a stomach ache instead of a full blown episode. Once it builds up though....rejection...KWIM....TMI!!!

I forgot to mention that I can also have barley and brown rice. I make a mean mushroom barley pilaf and a wonderful Lentil Barley soup. Did you know barley is a vegetable and not a grain? It's full of fiber.

Whatever works, I say!
    Me too!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards