Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wondering about Travel Credits

Default Wondering about Travel Credits

I know that the travel credits may take awhile to show up, but do they not show up at all until after the travel has occurred?

I read some other threads and it seemed like people had $0.00 show up so at least they knew it was tracked.

I did an Expedia car rental 2 weeks ago (travel will take place next week) and haven't seen anything on my account history. Is that normal?

Also I did a Travelocity hotel today (this weekend travel) so when should that show up as pending?

Thanks for any help!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Travel, IMO, seems to be one that affects everybody differently. In July I booked through Orbitz for my boss's vacation coming up in October (hotel only) and received the credits within 3 days or so. I was reallly surprised by this as I expected to wait until after they had completed the travel for anything to show up.

I've also booked packages for them (hotel/air) and had to wait until after they completed it for the credit to appear. I've never had any credits show up as others have mentioned (0.00) and then "fill in" after the fact.

I'm actually going in to make an airline reservation for them again, so I'll post that outcome if anyone is interested.

Michael
    Last edited by m4travels; 09-13-2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Changed Expedia to Orbitz
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Hmm...so I guess there is no rhyme or reason to the way it credits then??

As long as it credits I will be happy!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I'm with Michael. They are all so different. And I think it depends how much money you put down on the reservations as well. You'd think they would make it easy on us but noooooooo......
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Yeah, that's sort of where I am with it. I've been a VERY happy camper with it all!

I did correct my post to reference Orbitz, not Expedia.

Michael
    Dude

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I'm with Michael. They are all so different. And I think it depends how much money you put down on the reservations as well. You'd think they would make it easy on us but noooooooo......
    I can totally understand that on the Expedia car rental one b/c you don't pay anything up front...........so we'll wait and see on that.

The Travelocity hotel is paid in full up front, so hopefully that one will come through quickly. It's also 10x bigger then the Expedia one, so I'm really hoping it comes through with no problems!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I did the hotel one and saw 0.00 that day and then about 1-2 weeks after completion we got our credit. It is so nice to get money back on these things we do no matter what. LOVE IT!
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    I'm actually going in to make an airline reservation for them again, so I'll post that outcome if anyone is interested.

Michael
    I had forgotten that I said I would report back on this but here's what happened.
    I purchased air tickets on Sept 17 (I LOVE when the boss travels).
    I noticed today that it's showing a pending credit; dated the 17th and saying credit on the 20th. I know the 20th is a few days back, but I don't remember seeing this credit before today so it'll probably fully credit on Monday when things get repopulated here.
    The pending credit is a dollar amount not $0.00

Just passing on the info.
    Michael
    Dude

Thanks Michael for keeping us updated!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    I know the 20th is a few days back, but I don't remember seeing this credit before today so it'll probably fully credit on Monday when things get repopulated here.
    Michael
    And the complete credit was there this morning.
    Michael
    Dude