Thread: ? About Shopping Online @ Walmart

Default ? About Shopping Online @ Walmart

I am beginning to start my Christmas shopping. Since we will be in the World for the first 10 days of Dec, I thought I would get a start on it. I would like to purchase alot of things from Walmart and have them shipped to the store to save on the shipping charges. Of course when we place an order online you have to pay with a credit card. When I go to Walmart to pick the items up, I always have them remove the charge from my credit card and then I pay them cash. Would this show as a return and then I would lose my credit for this? I would still be buying the items but just not using my credit card(trying to use that thing as least as possible). I would have receipts showing that I repaid with the cash. How will this work?

Thanks,
    Kristen

That's a great question. Hopefully someone will have the answer.

You could always place a small order and 'see' what happens.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Unfortunately, there isn't any kind of documentation to tell us whether or not this would work. If they revoke the credit, we could always file a dispute to get it back and explain what happened.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Hmmm that is interesting. Can you pay with a debit card? That would come straight from checking and not mess with your credit card.

I can see it backfiring with Walmart/SR.

If it appears to them that you are "returning" the items, that might cause trouble.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yeah after first reading it before Tricia piped in I was going to say it would probably mess with your credits. I would think that they would "return" the item and then let you rebuy it with cash and thus the online sale would be gone and thus your SR credits.
    Sunshine Rewards

Catherine
    your new picture is HOT.
    <Sunshine Rewards

I'm not so sure it would mess it up because I can't see them changing order numbers when you get to the store. I would think they would just adjust the method of payment. If you call Walmart, they can tell you how they handle adjusting methods of payment. If they don't do it as a return and repurchase, you should be fine.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I would say if you want to be absolutely sure not to get credits revoked I would buy with the credit card and then use the cash to pay the credit card off as soon as it hits your card. You won't have to deal with all of the returning and rebuying and you won't lose your credit and you won't get charged an interest charge. I also know from experience the people who work in my local site to store department are not the swiftest and I can SOOOOO see them messing this up.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    I'm not so sure it would mess it up because I can't see them changing order numbers when you get to the store. I would think they would just adjust the method of payment. If you call Walmart, they can tell you how they handle adjusting methods of payment. If they don't do it as a return and repurchase, you should be fine.
    This is really true because the order number on the original order is through site to store. When I purchased an item last Christmas through them I got there and they had lost the item. Well they couldn't just give me one from the store in its place until the other was found. They had to completely refund my money on that one and then recharge my card for another one that they ordered and I had to wait for it to arrive even though they had one in stock at the store. The site to store and the store are completely seperate. I think they would let her return it but then would completely rering it as a store sale and not a site to store sale. I could be wrong. I would try it now to see what happens before you do it with a big order and risk losing the credits.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    Catherine
    your new picture is HOT.
    Thanks. Come join the fun in the College Football Fans area. You never know what you might find in that thread between Liz and myself.
    Sunshine Rewards