Thread: Vent about surveys

Default Vent about surveys

I just need to vent because I am very frustrated! I am tired of taking surveys for 10-15 minutes and then having it tell me I didn't qualify! What a waste of time! Why can't they figure out if I qualify at the beginning instead of asking a ton of questions and then telling me??

Quote Originally Posted by 4boys531 View Post
    I just need to vent because I am very frustrated! I am tired of taking surveys for 10-15 minutes and then having it tell me I didn't qualify! What a waste of time! Why can't they figure out if I qualify at the beginning instead of asking a ton of questions and then telling me??
    Because something you said during the taking of the survey disqualified you at that point. It seems strange, but thats what happens. I know everyone thinks those qualifying questions in the beginning are the only ones they go by, but its not.

Also, remember, do not do a survey quickly. Sometimes if you do it too fast, you'll get booted.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Chances are good if you make it past those qualifying questions at the beginning, it is NOT your demographics. It's something within the survey. They won't tell us exactly what those "qualifications" are, but 9 times out of 10 it's the timer thing.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Spending time giving information and then being told you don't qualify can be very frustrating. Makes you want to

I have gotten about 8 surveys (between the 3 companies) since the beginning of the month. That's GREAT results for me. I envy the people that are able to get all 3 almost every day. I just don't meet the criteria.

I have a tough time quailfying. No one wants the opinion of a middle class white female over 50 with no children under 18 at home and no dog. I do have a cat but no one cares about cats???

As Cindy mentioned sometimes that's just the way it is. The companies need to ask a lot of questions before they decide if you fit their criteria. They're picky about who they want to hear from. Her suggestion about going too fast is a great one. I tend to read quickly so in the beginning I was blasting through the surveys only to get booted.

Look at it this way. It's free money. If I get one....Yay!! If I don't get one....I'll try again tomorrow. If I go through a spell where I can't seem to get one for a few days or a week, I take a break and try again in a few days.

Remember, you have 3 opportunities to get surveys. AMP, Daily Survey and Your 2 cents.

Good luck and welcome to the SR forum!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

My best advice is to make sure you are really reading and truthfully answering the questions. When they disqualify you that late it is because of an answer you gave. Sometimes it is because they ask you a question a second time but change it around and you answer it differently. Sometimes you might miss one of the qualifying answers that say "please check 4 on this question to mark you spot in the survey". They do this because they are paying for information, truthful information. Can you imagine how many people just open the survey and then click answers randomly to get finished? Now we wouldn't do this but many people would. They have to have a way to control this as much as possible so that their customers (the people who are paying for the surveys) get what they paid for...honest and thoughtful answers to questions they truly want to know the answers to. There will always be fluky surveys that just don't work right so you will always find that some of them boot you out when you think you have done it all correctly. However, if you slow down and make sure to read all of the questions and provide thoughtful answers I think you will see that the number of them that kick you out late in the survey will dwindle a lot. Good luck and let us know if we can help in any other ways!
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    My best advice is to make sure you are really reading and truthfully answering the questions. When they disqualify you that late it is because of an answer you gave. Sometimes it is because they ask you a question a second time but change it around and you answer it differently. Sometimes you might miss one of the qualifying answers that say "please check 4 on this question to mark you spot in the survey". They do this because they are paying for information, truthful information. Can you imagine how many people just open the survey and then click answers randomly to get finished? Now we wouldn't do this but many people would. They have to have a way to control this as much as possible so that their customers (the people who are paying for the surveys) get what they paid for...honest and thoughtful answers to questions they truly want to know the answers to. There will always be fluky surveys that just don't work right so you will always find that some of them boot you out when you think you have done it all correctly. However, if you slow down and make sure to read all of the questions and provide thoughtful answers I think you will see that the number of them that kick you out late in the survey will dwindle a lot. Good luck and let us know if we can help in any other ways!
    This is very true. I once had a survey when asked about Race, had all the normal liste Caucasian, etc. But the 2nd from last was "Select this only" or some such similar wording.

So my suggestion is to read EVERYTHING, even those that you normally wouldn't need to because your answer is always the same (like Race or Gender).
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards