Thread: Playstation 3 Anyone have info???

Default Playstation 3 Anyone have info???

We are seriously thinking of buying a PS3 for DS (10) for Christmas this year. He has many ps1 & ps2 games, and he has the Wii. He still really enjoys playing on the ps2 but it seems all new games coming out are for ps3. Has anoyone out there got any info on ps3?? Or tips on where to purchase, through SR of course!!! Thanks
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Before you purchase you definitely need to do some research. Not all of the PS3s are backwards compatible with games. I don't know which version is and which one isn't but check on that as he is probably going to want to continue playing his old games on the new system.
    Sunshine Rewards

Be sure that when you read the description, it will say. Here is what the description should say..

Note: This model will not play PlayStation® 2 games, but is backwards compatible with select PS one™ games.

Also there is the difference between the 80GB and the 120GB.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Be sure that when you read the description, it will say. Here is what the description should say..

Note: This model will not play PlayStation® 2 games, but is backwards compatible with select PS one™ games.

Also there is the difference between the 80GB and the 120GB.
    Thanks, that makes a difference. He has ps2, but I don't want the livingroom clogged up with 3 game systems!!! I will have to check I thought I had read somewhere that ps3 WAS backwards compatible with ps2 & ps1. Now I am bummed, but maybe Christmas will cost less!!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by MdCaterer View Post
    Thanks, that makes a difference. He has ps2, but I don't want the livingroom clogged up with 3 game systems!!! I will have to check I thought I had read somewhere that ps3 WAS backwards compatible with ps2 & ps1. Now I am bummed, but maybe Christmas will cost less!!
    The last time I was researching game systems the 60 gig (2 xmas's ago) were the only one's backwords compatiable with the PS2 & PS1 games. We seriously considered it then, bc the salesman at Best Buy told us from that day forward Sony was making PS3's that were NOT backwards compatable. So my guess is the only way you'll be able to find one is on ebay. I would be surprised if you could find one that way.
    Sunshine Rewards

i just checked on ebay and they have a ps3 that is backwards compatible for $315 but there is only 6 minutes left to bid on this one. HTH.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Not that this helps the backwords compatiable issue but I was looking at Buy.com for a GPS and saw this on the coupon page..

Get FREE SHIPPING on the PlayStation 3 System and play all your favorite Games, Movies, Music & More
    Sunshine Rewards