Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2007 Holiday Thread

Default The Official 2007 Holiday Thread

The Official 2007 Holiday Thread

Okay, I know some of you are thinking I’m crazy, it’s September for gosh sakes. How can you be thinking about the holiday season and the summer isn’t even over yet? But, then again, I know there are a lot of us that like to plan, plan and then plan some more.

So, I thought it would be a nice idea to have a place where we could all share our ideas, family traditions, plans, pictures, recipes, great deals, Black Friday specials, whatever we want!

So, come one, come all! Let’s get this party started!!

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

OK OK I'll start

I am on my out the door so I’ll add more this weekend but our biggest tradition that immediately comes to mind is our NON-traditional dinner. After having a very traditional Thanksgiving meal, my sisters and I decided to ‘kick it up a notch’ for Christmas!

I have 3 sisters and we are all Italian so BIG meals are an every weekend thing for us. BUT on Christmas Day we do an ALL appetizer dinner. We wind up with so much variety and everyone just loves it! It is SO fun! We spend all year looking and testing out new yummy treats for our yearly dinner

Of course my first idea would be about food…
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

That is a great idea! My family has done that in the past as well. We usually do my families holiday on Christmas Eve. So, just having a very casual meal like that is perfect.

A few Christmases ago I noticed that my Mom still drags out all those Christmas crafts we made years ago in school. She lovingly tapes them to the wall or puts them on the tree. So, I thought it would be a great idea to start making family craft projects. I found a really cute idea for an elf garland. I cut out the elf shapes beforehand. As everyone arrived on Christmas eve, I took their pictures using my digital camera. I was able to print the photos out immediately with my portable photo printer. Then I cut out their faces and glued the faces to the elf shapes. Then each person was able to decorate their elf selfs as they wished. We had such a great time and it is my most favorite memory from last Christmas.

Now, I am looking for another family craft project for this year. It has to be a project that anyone can do(from 1 to 90 years old), simple and fun. I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have.

Here are a few pictures of the complete project:

Here is my deal for the season. I got dd a pink leapster lmax at Target for $24.99. That's $65 off!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Great Thread...

Yeahhhh! My favorite time of the year! I love Christmas and everything it brings! Of course, it's not too early! I've already started shopping and the boxes are being delivered! One of my favorite holiday traditions is we have a party everyday leading up to Christmas Eve. This begins December 1st! They are small parties during the week days and a bit bigger on the weekends. The grand finale is the Christmas Eve party and it begins around noon and ends at bedtime. My kids love it! Our parties include food, hot drinks, cold drinks, Christmas book readings, games, movies etc. We really do have fun and since we are a family of eight, there isn't a boring moment!!
    Sunshine Rewards

TIAMOMMA is offline McChingy, I like that, it has a nice ring to it. Kind of like a new McDonald's entree.

Here's a site you might enjoy:

http://www.organizedchristmas.com/

For all of you planners out there!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
    OK OK I'll start

I am on my out the door so I’ll add more this weekend but our biggest tradition that immediately comes to mind is our NON-traditional dinner. After having a very traditional Thanksgiving meal, my sisters and I decided to ‘kick it up a notch’ for Christmas!

I have 3 sisters and we are all Italian so BIG meals are an every weekend thing for us. BUT on Christmas Day we do an ALL appetizer dinner. We wind up with so much variety and everyone just loves it! It is SO fun! We spend all year looking and testing out new yummy treats for our yearly dinner

Of course my first idea would be about food…
    I'm coming over to your house. Finger foods are my favorite foods. We do the same thing, took several yrs to convince my mom but because I work every other yr, on Christmas, and she keeps my girls, I finally convinced her this was easiest. We could fix the stuff ahead of time. And, they make great leftovers.

Oh Yay! I love Christmas! I already have about 2/3 of our shopping done this year. Everything is in rubbermaid containers in our "gift closet" and I have an Excel spreadsheet of what I already have and who it is for. I cannot wait until November when DH lets me start decorating!

Every year we have a baking day with all of us (and I have several more on my own lol) where we make all kinds of cookies and sweets and then split them up. We also have a gingerbread baking/decorating day that always ends up being really fun!
    Sunshine Rewards

An idea I think that is really cute if you have kids: Take 12 Christmas books(they can be ones you already have, new ones, or a combo of both) and wrap them in different paper. Place all of the books in a basket in the family room (or wherever your family congregates). Then do the 12 days before Christmas with the books and each night have the kids pick a different book to unwrap and read as a family. You could also do this with 24 books if you wanted and start Dec 1st. I hope that made sense! lol
    Sunshine Rewards

LOVE the book idea! I am definitely going to do that! I also have some things bought and need to organize them and get a list together. This is the first year that I really NEED to be prepared early and I need to get started!!! Love this thread!
    Sunshine Rewards