Thread: Any tips for selling on Craigslist?

Default Any tips for selling on Craigslist?

We're leaving for Disney in just a few weeks and I'd like to sell some of the stuff we have lying around the house to earn some extra spending money for our trip. Any tips for selling on Craigslist?
    Sunshine Rewards

I have never sold on craigslist, but am very interested in doing so...

I have sold a jetski and a few other items on there. Make sure you post the pics and use an email address that you don't mind ditching after or just keep for stuff like Craigslist because of the spam. Do not give out any personal info on there. When you get a reply, ask the person for their phone number so you can call them back.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Thanks Cindy!

Is there a limit to the number of listings you can post in one day? Also, can you post the listings in two cities at the same time?
    Sunshine Rewards

I don't know of any limits, just make sure that once you have set up an account and its been verified that you always log in with it, that way your posts will go up immediately instead of having to be approved manually each time. Yes, you can post in several cities with no problem.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I've sold on CL quite a bit (though since moving back to the country I don't have near as much success). You can list as many things as you want, there is no limit, you just can't post the same listing in multiple places (and you can't relist an item until 3 days after the original listing). Make sure you post your location and a price. Also a way to contact you if you choose not to use an anonymous email. I use the anonymous email and always tell people to email me for more contact information, as I don't like to call people about THEIR interest in buying my stuff. Also, when I'm buying I know that I am usually only interested in listings with pictures, so I definitely think it's worth adding those!