Thread: Here's hoping the weather holds...

Hybrid View

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Default Here's hoping the weather holds...

For those visiting shortly I hope the weather holds for you (or drops a BIT of the humidity and some of the heat). We are returning home today (currently stuck until 8 p.m. in the ATL airport as we missed our flight connection this morning!!) from 4 wonderful days at the World enjoying the Food and Wine Festival but suffering in the heat. My gosh it was warm!!

Crowds on the weekend were a bit high but we breezed along quite nicely on Tuesday. Lots of tasty treats around World Showcase and we even got to go up to the top of Bay Lake Tower and take in the fireworks at Top of the World lounge one night! VERY different perspective watching it from up on high!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I'll take the heat over the snow we're getting anyday!! But I know, I know, everyone there wants it to cool down a bit...I'll bring some snow & then they'll want their heat back!! It can cool down on the 26th k? :0)

Safe travels home! Very cool that you got to see the fireworks from BLT...did you guys stay there or just visit?
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    For those visiting shortly I hope the weather holds for you (or drops a BIT of the humidity and some of the heat). We are returning home today (currently stuck until 8 p.m. in the ATL airport as we missed our flight connection this morning!!) from 4 wonderful days at the World enjoying the Food and Wine Festival but suffering in the heat. My gosh it was warm!!

Crowds on the weekend were a bit high but we breezed along quite nicely on Tuesday. Lots of tasty treats around World Showcase and we even got to go up to the top of Bay Lake Tower and take in the fireworks at Top of the World lounge one night! VERY different perspective watching it from up on high!
    How did you get up there? Where you staying there? Have they loosened the rules on getting up there? Would LOVE to get there next week!
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

One of the CMs is a friend who used to be over at another DVC property. A few favors were called in for us to get up there. The rules aren't relaxed yet.....

The lounge is beautiful. Here's hoping that DVC members who stay there use it!!!!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

One of the CMs is a friend who used to be over at another DVC property. A few favors were called in for us to get up there. The rules aren't relaxed yet.....

The lounge is beautiful. Here's hoping that DVC members who stay there use it!!!!
    Always good to have connections! I think I may try to book a night there just for that. Otherwise the points are just so much higher than the other properties!
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I heard that somebody from SSR was there....Mike is it?? I just remember him because he was at the Turf Club when I met with Jen and Traci one night and then a few nights after that. If it is him, he is a nice guy! It pays to know people...I can't WAIT to get up to the top of the BLT!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

We'll be there next week (19-23) and boy am I ever hoping the temps come down a bit. It's in the 40s and 50s here in Indiana right now, but that doesn't mean I want it to be 90s in Florida!

Forecast is showing 80s for most of next week. I guess it's better than 90s.

We're staying at BLT and I can't WAIT to watch Wishes from the roof, and perhaps even from our room. We got MK view (our friends' points this trip - they bought at BLT! ARGH!)
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook