Thread: Offer or Freebie

Default Offer or Freebie

What's the difference between an offer and a freebie?????

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

The jist is that an offer is from a company that offers you something for the information you are giving them. Either you are purchasing something like the As Seen On TV offers or you are joining a site like the Diet ones or you are filling out a legitimate survey where they want your information. These people do not sell your information.

Freebies are where you enter your information with the intenet of selling your information to them. They sell your info to anyone they want. These typically pay less and are less reliable with crediting. You would enter your info and the be take through a series of screens where they ask you to preview offers and check yes or no to accept the offers. Usually these end with pages that ask you to preview Silver, Gold and platinum offers and usually they promise a prize if you complete all of the terms of the offer which usually includes accepting so many of their offers. These are basically just selling info. While they are nice because they don't cost anything for you to do (thus the Freebie status) and they can add up. You have to be careful to use a seperate email address than your main email because you WILL get spam email from them.

Hope this explains it! Good luck! I would also suggest reading all of the stickies in the offers forum for more info on surveys versus offers versus freebies.
    Sunshine Rewards