Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Zumba yet? I did it last night!!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I wonder if my jazz boots are still at home in my closet. I might ask my brother to do some snooping for them before I meed up with them in Lake Charles Sunday.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I'll review the DVDs once they get in. There are 6 DVDs and shaker weights that come in the Zumba Fitness set on Amazon so about $10 a dvd which isn't bad. I wonder if Netflix has anything...
    Hey Cate have you had a chance to use these, would love to know how they are, thinking of buying a set.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Not yet Cindy. I just got back into town. I'm hoping to start them tomorrow as I need to hang clothes and do laundry tonight. Plus I am about to fall over I'm so tired. LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

Now, y'all know that if you come to Myrtle Beach you have to let me know and I can get you into my classes for free. Classes really are ther most fun, though I like the dvds, to be honest.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Sorry - I'm a little sleep-deprived!

My son and I are about to go to the Y for my/our first Zumba class. I'm scared! I love that this teacher opens his class to kids, especially b/c ALL children love him! Off we go!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    My son and I are about to go to the Y for my/our first Zumba class. I'm scared! I love that this teacher opens his class to kids, especially b/c ALL children love him! Off we go!
    Have fun and bring lots of water!
    Sunshine Rewards

Holy moley that was hard!

My boy, alas, did not take part. He was really intimidated, and just sat at the back of the gym. Maybe next week (if I'm walking by then, LOL, I'm quite sure I'm going to be sore tomorrow).

But wowie did I sweat. And now I understand why people get different shoes for it...I wore some old cross trainers just so I didn't have as much traction (thanks to the comments in this thread) but it was still too much. Then again, with my family history, I'm not going to be making any crazy pivot moves with my knee anyway...don't want to have the joint transplant that early!

I can see why people like it. On the other hand, it made me really miss the aerobics classes of the 90s (of the 80s were too high impact for me anymore, though as a teen those moves were great fun), and I'm going to see if there are any more traditional aerobics classes as well (with not so much booty shaking LOL).
    Sunshine Rewards

If any of you want another challenge, see if you can find an Aqua Zumba class. I have some lades that do that first, just because of its kindness to the joints. They are surprised how many double knee lifts/crunches they can do because of the water. FUN!

For the kids there is Zumbatomic - it was specifically designed to teach to kids. It's a lot of fun and the kids really learn the choreography.

I wish I could get the booty shaking down. My booty shakes, but not intentionally! It gives my classes something to smile about!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Sorry - I'm a little sleep-deprived!

Our zumba class is doing a benefit for breast cancer next week in the produce section of our grocery store!! Not too excited about the location but it's for a good cause so I'm game.
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Zumba was awesome today. I showed up at what I thought was the right time, the teacher too, however, the work out room was in use, so we had to wait just a little bit, and only one other person showed up anyway, so she took us to a private area and did a private Zumba session with us. It was so enlightening. You have no idea about the movements and how they should really work unless you get one on one like this was. I wish they would have more of those. I did get a Zumba DVD set, it even has a kids Zumba on it. Its explains a lot of this too, step by step for beginners and then other DVDs get harder.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.