Thread: Blockbuster

Default Blockbuster

Hi all~
    I was wondering how Blockbuster compares with Netflix. We used to use Netflix, but canceled because it was hard to get the movies when they were first released. Saw that Blockbuster actually has a $10 "reward" so thought we would try them, but was curious to know how you all thought they compared to Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by setsail View Post
    Hi all~
    I was wondering how Blockbuster compares with Netflix. We used to use Netflix, but canceled because it was hard to get the movies when they were first released. Saw that Blockbuster actually has a $10 "reward" so thought we would try them, but was curious to know how you all thought they compared to Netflix.
    I think that you will find the same thing with Blockbuster as well. That was the main reason why I canceled my Blockbuster service after 2 months of service. It just took to long for the newer movies.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

One thing I learned with Netflix is that it is all about timing. I usually time my returns to hit Monday morning and put the movie I want at the top of my queue early on so that when they process the return Monday morning they have the new release I want in the mail Monday night so I can have it on Tuesday when it comes out officially.

I've never been a fan of Blockbuster so I haven't tried their service out.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well that is not promising that they are similiar to Netflix......oh well.

I've done them both and frankly never had a problem with either. I think if you put the movies in que that you want the right way and know when they are released and you don't have a movie out you'll get it right away. Then again, its never been a huge priority to me to get the movie the day it comes out anyway, so I guess it was no biggie. But, I never had to wait more then a week for any.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

What annoys me about Blockbuster right now is they took too long to ship a new movie if it wasn't available now. Does Netflix still ship your next one pretty quickly, even if it's farther down the list, if your first choice isn't available today? I ended up placing a hold at the library for the TV series I was trying to get from Blockbuster that was holding up my shipments. It came in a lot faster that way and it's actually why I cancelled last week. I need to get 6 DVDs watched in the next two weeks, so Blockbuster's shipments were not going to work with that.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yeah Netflix will look at your queue and if the first one isn't available then they will move to the next one and ship it that day. There isn't a wait or hold on you.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Yeah Netflix will look at your queue and if the first one isn't available then they will move to the next one and ship it that day. There isn't a wait or hold on you.
    They both used to do that, which is why I don't understand why Blockbuster changed their policy. I was doing a two out plan and they seemed to e holding the second movie indefinitely until I emailed them and got an explanation.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards