Thread: Concerns about SR. Disney Cruise addressed here

Default Concerns about SR. Disney Cruise addressed here

I know some of you are having some concerns about the cruise. A couple I would like to address having just spoken with Gail, which BTW, you can all at any time, even if you aren't calling to book, just to get some info and get some questions answered that you may not see on here.

First off, the biggie seems to be the $200.00 deposit per family member when there is more than 2. After speaking with Gail, you can put down 25.00-50.00 for each member, and over the next 2-4 months just make payments to get you up to the $200.00 minimum that Disney requires. In essence, her company, American Express travel, is backing your deposit. You won't find another travel agency that would do that. The final payment is not due till August.

Speaking of final payment, IF you should have to cancel at anytime, there is a full refund, as long as it is before the final payment is due. She said that a lot of the cruise sponsor, IE Sunshine Rewards, impose their own cancellation fee, however, we are not doing that.

Last, the concern of taking childen out of school. Its only for a couple days, and most of the schools have online homework posting, and there is internet access on the ship, so your kids would be able to complete their homework assignments online. Really, two days is no biggie.

Hope this clears up a few concerns. This is going to be a great opportunity to meet your fellow SR members, get some prizes and even a price break, which Disney rarely does. We'll be having a SR cocktail party and special giveaways during the cruise. I know its a lot of money, but, it is a Disney vacation, and no Disney vacation is cheap.

Here is Gails direct number 1-800-983-1452
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    First off, the biggie seems to be the $200.00 deposit per family member when there is more than 2. After speaking with Gail, you can put down 25.00-50.00 for each member, and over the next 2-4 months just make payments to get you up to the $200.00 minimum that Disney requires. In essence, her company, American Express travel, is backing your deposit. You won't find another travel agency that would do that. The final payment is not due till August.
    Wow! I'm using another agent for my own cruises but I must say that what Cindy says is true: You WON'T find another agency who will do this (or if you do, they're extremely scarce/rare). Based on what Amex Travel is doing for deposits for the SR cruise I would definitely think about using them down the road. I know that this is a special arrangement that they've made for SR, but that is a sign of an excellent agent/agency.

I will now live vicariously (again) through all of you taking part of the cruise and go back to silent mode. However, if anyone wants to know things about DCL I'd be happy to share my experiences.

Be well.
    Michael
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

So wish you could go Michael, we would have a blast, but, maybe next time. And if you ever need a travel agent, call Gail, I'm sure she will do for you what she is doing for you. I use the same Carnival agent all the time because he treats me this way too, and I think repeat business is what they are after, and they deserve it. Hopefully we can make the SR Disney cruise an annual one and give Gail a lot of business.
    Oh ya, anything you can tell me about the cruise, any tips, I'd appreciate. I think you pretty well know what I like.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

bumping up

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

I just wanted to back up Cindy's info (not that she needs back up) but Gail told me that if I ended up short the rest of the deposit, that I can make smaller payments. She just told me that they want to know that the money is coming!

SO maybe this will help influence a few others to join us! The cabins are filling fast for this cruise!
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt