Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WDW/Disney Magic

Default WDW/Disney Magic

It will probably take me awhile, but I will get a trip report going here. It's a little convoluted because the trip had a few different parts. But hopefully it will make sense.

Day 1 (Thursday, October 22)

I flew from Indy to Tampa and then got a car to drive up to pick up Cindy and take us to Orlando, where we met up with the fine folks at Market Leverage (a new company that we are going to start getting offers from). We checked into Wilderness Lodge and went and had dinner with them at Kobe Steakhouse. GREAT meal!!!

No real Disney that day...just checking into the hotel. It was my first time staying at Wilderness Lodge and NOT being DVC in a very long time (maybe ever?). Biggest difference? Proximity to Roaring Forks. Although we didn't actually eat there.

We WERE on dining plan but didn't use it at all on Thursday since we arrived late in the day and ate with the ML people for dinner.

Great view from our room. We could see the boat dock just barely through the trees so it was all water and woods. Maybe the 3rd floor?? Was able to see the light show go by but couldn't really see the Halloween fireworks.

Day Two (Friday)

I made Cindy head to Animal Kingdom as soon as it opened so that we could be among the first on the Safari. It was worth it!! Lots of animals were up close to the ride path. It's by far one of my favorite rides in all of WDW.

We went to Tusker House for the buffet using Dining Plan. The food was very good, but I would not have wanted to pay that much for lunch for the whole family.

After lunch we went on Expedition Everest and I laughed so hard at Cindy that I almost peed myself. It was only my second time riding it. We had fast passes so the wait wasn't too long.

We headed back to the WL in the afternoon when it got very hot out. We had some errands to run before we were meeting up with the SR folks for the unofficial meetup that night. After showers and packing Cindy up, we had a chance to meet Carla!! Member number 10 in the flesh!! It was like SR coming full circle.

Next we took Cindy's stuff over to the Treehouse, which was VERY cool. I'll let the other ladies explain more what it looked like, but it would be a very fun place to stay with a small group.

Let the SR Meetup begin!!

We had a few drinks with the Treehouse guests and then headed to the Polynesian. I was jealous of everyone getting the Lapu Lapus, so I got one myself. Yummy!!! They managed to get all of us seated together, which was very cool.

It was my first time at Ohana and I loved the food! I can't wait to take my family there. Great variety and service. Fun for the kids during the meal (which is good because it can be long). I don't know how much it was because we used our Dining Plan.

The only bad thing was that despite sitting toward the middle of the long table, I didn't get too much of a chance to really talk to everyone who came to meet up.

When the Halloween Party fireworks started, they piped in the sound. It was very cool to be able to see the castle and the fireworks from there!

All in all, it was a very fun, relaxing day. It was weird not having the kids there with me, but it makes me want to do a REAL SR meetup next year!!

Thanks for the trip report

Reading other people's trip reports always gives me ideas for my next trip.
    I'm trying to plan a day at Disney without going to the park... sounds like it might be fun to stay at WL (maybe walk the trails) and that the Poly might be a good place to see fireworks...
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I'm still jealous but love reading your TR!!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I was hoping you would do a TR.
    It was my first time at Ohana and I loved the food! I can't wait to take my family there. Great variety and service. Fun for the kids during the meal (which is good because it can be long). I don't know how much it was because we used our Dining Plan.
    Ohana prices are about $27.00 a person. More during peak times and holidays.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

She did however leave out the best part of Ohana, I got up and danced around the restaurant with the kids and a lei on. Geez what you won't do for a $50.00 Mickey card.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Day Three (Saturday)

I guess I forgot to mention that SG and the girls arrived Friday night and spent the night with me at Wilderness Lodge! Saturday morning we all got up and headed to Saratoga Springs to have breakfast with Cindy. We used 4 of the counter service credits that we had from the DP. Not very big portions for breakfast, really. It was odd that we got 2 drinks with it instead of a drink and a side. I would have preferred a rice krispy treat to throw in my bag. But we used the extra drinks to get bottles of water to put in our day bags.

We took SG's rental car to Port Canaveral. One of my favorite moments in life is coming across that bridge and seeing the Disney cruise ship!! It never gets old. We arrived at about 11 and had to wait in a few different lines (security, then check in, then kids' club registration, then having our pictures taken, then the actual boarding). But it wasn't too bad. We were all sporting the cute shirts I had made at Cafe Press.

Once on board, we ate lunch at the Topsiders buffet (very crowded at noon!!) and then hung out a bit until our room was ready at 1. Our friends the Andersons (mom, dad, and boys 4 and 8) arrived after driving the whole way from Indiana overnight.

We had a category 6 stateroom (our favorite) in the middle of the ship. It was perfect because it was not too far from anything. And I knew the balcony view of Castaway Cay would be perfect.

We signed Jillian up to be able to check herself in and out of the club, which was new for us this year. She did a great job of being responsible with it.

The first evening was a little rough for me again in terms of the sea. Last year was even worse (I couldn't eat dinner at all). This year was better but I took dramamine earlier and stayed clear of any alcohol that evening.

No shows for dinner that night. Everyone was settling in. We did go to the intro show in the Walt Disney Theater. It was kind of a teaser for what was to come later in the week but was worth attending.

Not a very exciting first day but we were all just getting our bearings. I did finish the first of 4 books I would read on the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Day Three (Saturday)

One of my favorite moments in life is coming across that bridge and seeing the Disney cruise ship!! It never gets old.
    Imagine coming over the bridge and seeing both the Wonder and the Magic - we cruised the week before you and the Wonder had just gotten out of dry dock and wasn't leaving until Sunday! When we left the port, there was a horn blowing sound off - back and forth between the two ships! Very cool!

We have had the same Cat. 6 room on deck 5 - is that where your room was? Love that deck! I think we are on the other side tho- as we don't see the island at Castaway Cay, we see the dock.

Love your trip report! I should write one too but just never get around to it!!

Karn
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

I LOVE that first glimpse of the ship as well! I have a picture of my son with a HUGE smile the minute he spotted the ship! My husband kept telling him we were leaving Disney and I think he forgot about going to the ship until he saw it- it was great! We love the Cat 6 midship rooms as well- love the location and the verandah! The first night is usually rough for me as well- last year was bad. This year I took dramamine and while I didn't feel sick at all, I was sooooooo drowsy!

Sounds like the start of a great cruise- can't wait to read more!
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Loving your TR, Tricia! Yep, coming over that bridge and seeing the ship is a beautiful site. When we went in August, my granddaughters had never been on a cruise before, so the sight of such a huge ship was quite momentous! Sounds like you had an awesome stateroom. We had a category 9 on deck 2 as we had adjoining rooms. Not a big fan of oceanview (I like balconies), but we had a HUGE porthole that made up for it.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards