Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WDW/Disney Magic

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    I LOVE that first glimpse of the ship as well! I have a picture of my son with a HUGE smile the minute he spotted the ship! My husband kept telling him we were leaving Disney and I think he forgot about going to the ship until he saw it- it was great! We love the Cat 6 midship rooms as well- love the location and the verandah! The first night is usually rough for me as well- last year was bad. This year I took dramamine and while I didn't feel sick at all, I was sooooooo drowsy!

Sounds like the start of a great cruise- can't wait to read more!
    I've been taking Bonine on all my cruises, no drowsiness at all. I actually take two, one in the morning and one in the evening, I'm not taking any chances! I felt very queasy once with very rough seas and I don't ever want to feel like that again if I can help it. My next trip, I'm bringing ginger caps just in case I need extra help, I've read on cruise forums that this helps also.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

How about scapolamine patches? I have never been on a cruise but have some trouble with motion sickness. Grace has it bad, sometimes she gets sick watching the dvd player. We used the patches, last year, when we flew.

Love the trip report, a cruise is own my want to list just hate being sick. Yuck.

Did you try to take pictures when you came over the bridge.

We did a cruise with a different cruise line,
    but the enormousity of those cruise ships is something else.
    I cried when the Wonder pulled out behind us and play,
    "When you Wish Upon a Star" twice. My girls looked at me like I had 2 heads.

Does Disney charge for using their bus service out to the port?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Note to self - take pictures of kids faces as we cross over the bridge!

So excited for our cruise!!
    Jennifer -

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    Does Disney charge for using their bus service out to the port?
    I believe the transfers are $35 pp each way. Depending on the size of your group it can be less expensive to hire a service. When it's just the 2 of us we always use the DCL transfers.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I've been taking Bonine on all my cruises, no drowsiness at all. I actually take two, one in the morning and one in the evening, I'm not taking any chances! I felt very queasy once with very rough seas and I don't ever want to feel like that again if I can help it. My next trip, I'm bringing ginger caps just in case I need extra help, I've read on cruise forums that this helps also.
    We always take Bonine and pickled dried ginger - can pick it up at any grocery store. Don't know if you ever watch Mythbusters but they tested all the motion sickness remedies and found ginger to be more effective than the medicines. DH swears by it.

I think it might be hard to get any good pictures of the ship when you're coming over the bridge. You can really only see it at the very top and you're there for just a second. Not really a place where I'd want to pull the car over - but I'm sure some have done it.

We've used the DCL transfer just once because we were only doing the cruise. If you're in need of a car before or after the sailing, it might be cheaper to rent a car and park it at the terminal lot. OR, drive out the night before, sleep at the Residence Inn and leave the car at their lot for the trip. They have a shuttle and I believe there are other hotels that do, but, as far as I know, Residence is the closest one.
    Sunshine Rewards

Tricia, I hope you don't abandone this. I know you are really busy with the holiday season.

I'm such a slacker that I can't even remember what we did anymore!! Here's what I can remember....

Day Four (Sunday)

Because the Steelers were playing and we were at sea, I didn't make any plans for that day. The kids went to the club and SG and I hit the sports bar. They had some yummy drinks of the day on sale there. They also set up a little hot bar of sorts during sporting events. Nachos, hot dogs, that kind of thing. We were surrounded by Steelers fans, which made it a fun game (and thankfully they won).

That night we used the "Dine and Play" for the kids. Did I already mention that? The kids get their food really fast and then the counselors come and take them to club so that we can enjoy the rest of the dinner ourselves.

Days Five and Six (Monday and Tuesday)

These days kind of blur together. I know that we did NOT like the martini tasting as much as we did on past cruises. There were fewer drinks and they were not as good. The wine tasting was pretty much the same except that they do not use the saber on the champagne anymore.

SG and I did the Exotic Rasul. Always an interesting experience!!

We stopped in St. Martin and did a little bit of shopping. No touring for us. Just kind of took it easy.

Day Seven (Wednesday)

This was a big day because we were in St. Thomas AND we were celebrating Halloween on the ship. We went to the aquarium place and it was fun but we only stayed a few hours. We stopped at Coki Beach but didn't bring our stuff with us. We knew we had to be back for trick or treating later in the afternoon.

St. Thomas had good shopping but we were in such a hurry!

The kids dressed up for trick or treating around 4:30. They gave us a list of "stations" to hit on this ship. The candy was actually pretty crappy. But the kids had fun.

Then we dressed up as well for dinner. There were NOT many adults dressed up.

Kevin took Cassie to see Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D that night. It was a late night for them! I stayed in the room and read. I had 4 books to finish after all. The kids club had Halloween games so Jillian hung out there.

Day Eight (Thursday)

Another sea day. I think we did at least one of the tastings that day. I wanted to do the galley tour but if conflicted with something else. The kids saw a bunch of movies on board--Earth, G Force, Toy Story 3D.

Day Nine (Friday)

My favorite day is always Castaway Cay. We didn't dock until after breakfast so we let the kids play on the beach for awhile and then we headed to an early lunch. LOVE the BBQ there. In fact, we decided that our next DCL will make two Castaway Cay stops.

We hit the adults only beach for a little while. The day was so short that we didn't have much time to spend there. Then we went back and got the kids and let them play. I read in a hammock. LOL!

Despite trying to sunscreen everyone like crazy, SG and I still ended up with some random burns.

Next up...getting off the ship and hitting MNSSHP!

Glad you are continuing!!! I need a Disney fix bad. VERY BAD. It has been almost a year since I was there last.
    <Sunshine Rewards

we decided that our next DCL will make two Castaway Cay stops
    When is your next cruise?