Thread: Transparent Language

Default Transparent Language

i looked at this merchant this morning and i have a couple of questions. my dd is thinking about taking french next year as her foreign language and i was wondering if getting this for her would help her do well. she has never taken a foreign language b4 in school so i do not know how this kind of program works. if anyone has any suggestions or ideas about this program it would be greatly appreciated. i do know that you have to have an ipod with video capabilities or a computer with xp service pack 2 to run this but is there anything else i should know about b4 i commit to this. just found out that my dd's computer has a service pack 3 for xp (does that make a difference - to be honest i am not even sure what a service pack is. lol).
    Last edited by marcymajor; 11-03-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: additional info
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think XP Service Pack 2 is the minimum so if she is up to Service Pack 3 then it won't be a big deal at all. (Service Packs are just the fixes Microsoft comes out with). Now as far as how the program is, I have no idea as I've never tried a foreign language program. I would think though that if she starts with it now that anything she learns from the cds/dvds will help her out next year at least with vocabulary and such.

I really really want to learn a foreign language and have been looking at programs but have yet to pull the trigger on any (mainly due to cost at the moment) but I'll be looking forward to hearing reviews on this one.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c- for answering my questions so quickly. i too am a little leary about spending $90 on a program that i am not even sure she will use or want. guess i should ask her if she is actually interested and take it from there. wish there was someone out there who has used this type of program so we could get some feedback. again and have a great day.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

$90 is a really good deal. I was looking at Rosetta Stone through buy.com and it is $500 I think I might try this one first and then move onto the other if this one works well and I learn something.
    Sunshine Rewards

i think the $90 one was very basic but i thought if she was interested i would start off small and possibly work my way up to something better. does that make sense? honestly, i don't quite remember what the $90 one consisted of as i looked at it earlier this morning so i might just have to look at it again to see if it something that would work. here is the description of the product:
    Transparent French Premium Edition
    The Transparent French Premium Edition combines the two steps needed to achieve language proficiency. Acquire words and phrases with a fun, rapid learning system to assist you in mastering vocabulary. Explore comprehensive lessons, real immersion videos, and stories using language in natural context that will guide you to speaking confidently.
    Learn More

$89.95
    Last edited by marcymajor; 11-03-2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: additional info

These really do seem to work. I've had friends use them after actually having private tutors that they didn't learn a whole lot from. First off, their private tudors didn't speak English all that well so it made it more difficult, but when they bought a program like this, they learned really quick.

I'm thinking DH needs this since a lot of his customers are Spanish speaking....but I'm not sure the will include many of the words that have been hurled at him lately by some of the more lets just say, unhappy customers. LOL
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

My kids are younger... so I'm getting the 6 in 1 disc so the kids can learn a little bit of all the languages... if I like it... then I'll get the full package. The reviews I read online were very positive...
    you might try a google search for some reviews...
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129