Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crocs and Escalators?

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I'm actually the one that takes forever to get on and off because I'm afraid I'm going to fall off the escalator.
    Can you imagine what the two of us would look like trying to get off the escalator together?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Alright this is a wee bit off topic, but I love this story.....

My dh and I were to be married on the beach in Key West. However, a couple of weeks before the wedding my mom was admitted into the hospital. (She was battling cancer and suddenly took ill.) When we learned that mom wouldn't be allowed to travel, we moved the wedding to Baton Rouge. When it became apparent that my mom would still be in the hospital, we decided we would get married in the hospital. Now, we didn't ask permission or anything. We were just going to show up there and do it. What's that old expression? It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

As we were scoping out the hospital the day before the wedding, a staffer asked what we were doing. We weren't going to lie, and told the person what we were up to. Anyway, by the time we had gotten back to my mom's room, the hospital general manager (or whatever the big wig's title is) had already called my mom's room and offered us the hospital lobby for the ceremony. It is a beautiful hospital with a 2 story lobby and atrium and all. He had also asked if he could call the media because a wedding fit in well with the hospital's belief of catering to the emotional and spiritual well-being of the patient -- not just the physical aspect.

Since it is such a beautiful lobby, we jumped at the chance. However, since there was no aisle for me to walk down, it was decided that I would enter from the mezzanine and go down the escalator. ACK!!! Now, I generally am not fearful of those things, but in a wedding gown and heels, I was a bit concerned. I did it though by leaning up against the railing, and you can tell by the black mark across my white gown right on my backside. My brothers joked that they thought I was going to give the term the "unveiling of the bride" a new meaning.

Anyway, that's my escalator story, and now back to your regularly scheduled chat.
    Eva ::: who loves funding my Disney obsession::: DH ::: who just shakes his head because he really doesn't get it::: ::: and a princess and pixie of our own:::

Sunshine Rewards