Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This A Good Deal?

Default Is This A Good Deal?

I found this earlier, and i read the specs (listed under product details) but i'm not sure if it's a good deal or not. I'm not THAT computer savvy. Is it a bargain or a bomb? I'm considering getting DD her own computer for Christmas.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...57941117409206

I was just reading about how companies are putting in the much slower Celeron processors to lower costs. It still works, but much slower since this processor is not as powerful as a dual-core. I have been pricing laptops out of curiosity, and am now skipping any that are not dual core.
    Provided by FLMNetwork.com

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

thanks! i got a bad feeling when i saw "celeron". now i know why, lol.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    thanks! i got a bad feeling when i saw "celeron". now i know why, lol.
    Also the stores are going to be ptuting items on sale leading up to BF, by the looks of it, you better be camping out ahead of time if you want one of these.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Personallyl, I am staying away from HP laptops. My brother has one that has had to be repaired twice and he's had it for less than 2 years. Mike has one for work and it is constantly in the IT department being repaired.

We are shopping for laptops but I'm not sure who we are going to go with. I use Lenovos at work and they have never given me an issue (have had 2) but they are around $600 after tax and such.

As far as processors definitely stick with the dual core. I did some research last week on AMD vs. Intel and actually the AMD rated higher overall on performance (this was on CNET) so don't discount those in your search.
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I have used Dell for yrs, and have never had any problems. I buy off the refurbished sites. I have bought 5 or 6 over the past 10 yrs. I am going to get Anna her own, brand new laptop, in the next few months. She has my old one (5 yrs old?) and it is much slower than mine and Grace's but it works. However, with more and more school work use of laptop, a quicker one would be nice.

I can't say anything bad about HP cause my DH has one that is 5 years old and has been great but I just recently purchased the Toshiba Satellite, duo core and love it.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Glad to hear that because bestbuy has a toshiba satellite at a pretty good price that we might get. I think it is around $450 if that isn't out of the price range.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Glad to hear that because bestbuy has a toshiba satellite at a pretty good price that we might get. I think it is around $450 if that isn't out of the price range.
    Make sure thats the duo core, cause I looked at another one there that was just a step below mine and it was around that price, mine was 529.00 and it does have the duo core and a few more little extras, bigger screen, built in mic and speakers, 3.5 hr battery. Mine is the L505 series.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

It definitely was a duo core. I think it was just released so I've been waiting to see if buy.com gets it or a similiar one so I can get the cash back. I hate how Bestbuy doesn't give cash back on laptops. So crappy of them!
    Sunshine Rewards