Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TGIF! But Why??

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I usually love Fridays because I hang out with the coolest friends...but not this week

That's ok...because this weekend is my birthday!!!!! So my friends at school made a yummy cake for us to share at lunch!
    Sunshine Rewards

I work a compressed work week so am done in the early afternoon on Friday. It's a lazy rest of the day - sometimes an errand or two, sometimes a nap - and at this time of year I get home while it's still light out! And during hockey season, we have Friday night tickets to the Wisconsin Badger hockey games.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

TGIF? Casual Friday, I can wear jeans to work. No alarm clock tomorrow - Yeah! Maybe some special time with DD. Saturday date night with the BF. I love weekends!
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

I am thrilled it's Friday because my family and two other families are traveling to New York to hang out for the weekend and go to the play Shrek!!! The kids are all 10 years old so they are having a blast hanging out together on the ride to NY and can't wait to explore the city tomorrow and see the play!!!!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

My husband gets to spend time with the children and me. It is a change of pace... from the hectic get-it-all-done pace of the week, to a lets-play-a-game lazy time together of the weekend. We are blessed that my husband has a job he enjoys... but it is nice to be free to choose how to spend a couple of days in a row. A chance to reconnect when we aren't so dog tired from the demands of work or kids. Free from any schedule (except for the occasional birthday party).

An opportunity to stay up late playing a game or watching a movie together and no worry of getting enough sleep.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

I work Monday - Friday and by the end of the week I am pulling my hair out, so the 2 day break the weekend brings is greatly appreciated. I get to spend time with my husband and dogs, as well as catch up on things around the house.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

TGIF means that Saturday is coming! No more alarm clock waking me up! No having to get the kids dressed, eat breakfast, brush teeth and comb hair, get coats and book bags and be out the door and on time for the school bus. AND in the evening no rushing around to go to sporting activities(we still do that some on the weekends) and then racing home to get supper, do all the homework and try to get the kids in bed and sleeping at a decent time. I love sleeping in and having a lazy Sunday that I am still in my PJ's at noon!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

TGIF for me because DH gets paid on Friday. I love to get up and check the bank account online and see his paycheck there.

Plus I get to sleep late on Sat & Sun because I don't have to take the kids to school.

It's a win-win day for me.
    Melanie
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards