Thread: Opt out of forum emails?

Default Opt out of forum emails?

Is there a way to opt out of getting an email everytime a post is added to a topic i've added to? I'm getting about 50-60 emails a day!
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I guess you can do it one of two ways.

The way I do it is I have it set under user options to "subscribe" to threads that I post in. Then if there is a thread I don't want an email at the top there's an option under threads/posts to "unsubcribe". FOr things like crazy credits I always unsubscribe the second I post to it, but I Do WANT to get emails for threads like DS tech., Automatic credit, shopping links offered etc.

OR I guess (haven't tried it) and i'm just thinking out loud that you could turn it off and only subscribe to the ones you want? But then I'm not sure if you turn email notification off if you can still get emails on the ones you want?

Anyway yes there is a way to do it.

Update: Had to wait until I posted to see what it is, go under thread tools and click unsubscribe.
    Sunshine Rewards

On this site I have it automatically set to subscribe (other boards I have it opposite). As I post, right now typing in the box, if I scroll down, under Submit Reply and Review Post, under the Miscellaneous Options like "show your signature" and "automatically parse links in text", under Attach Files, you should see Thread Subscription.

Under those words is a dropdown box, and you can choose what you want to do there. If I just want to check back later, I will choose to subscribe with NO emails sent. If it's something that I want immediate notice of, I make sure the subscribe with emails is chosen. If I just want to reply to someone and don't need to check back, I don't subscribe at all.

So you choose it, then scroll down more or go back up and hit one of the two Submit Reply buttons!
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Under those words is a dropdown box, and you can choose what you want to do there. If I just want to check back later, I will choose to subscribe with NO emails sent. If it's something that I want immediate notice of, I make sure the subscribe with emails is chosen. If I just want to reply to someone and don't need to check back, I don't subscribe at all.

So you choose it, then scroll down more or go back up and hit one of the two Submit Reply buttons!
    Never knew that, or thought to look... See 2 yrs later and still learning new stuff! lol I think it was 3 months before I found the new post button!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Never knew that, or thought to look... See 2 yrs later and still learning new stuff! lol I think it was 3 months before I found the new post button!
    I think it took me a year on the forum before I noticed the new post button and now it's the very first thing I click on when I come here! I used to go through every category to find new posts, geesh...life is so simple now!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

If I don't subscribe to the thread, will is still show under my USER CP as watched threads?
    Jennifer -

Not sure about the watched thread thing, but you can subscribe to it with NO emails sent. It's the "No email notification" choice in the dropdown box.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    I'm with Pam. I only found it within the last 6 months because YOU mentioned it in a post somewhere. Guess my tag fits!!