Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebay purchases never credited

Default ebay purchases never credited

I made 17 purchases thru the ebay link from April to May 2007 and a purchase from Abe books and never received credit for any of them
    I sent a trouble ticket for each transaction included all my email confirmations I received from the sellers and yet NOTHING
    I hesitate to use the links on this site for any pruchases at all

We had MAJOR problems with ebay back in April and they did not credit us for one single transaction for weeks on end. We were finally about to pull their links and then we all of a sudden started getting credit for everything. There is no telling how much money all of us lost during that time, but ebay is too big to care much about a little site like ours.

As for Abe books, I'm really surprised. We haven't had any problems with them, and I don't see any open trouble tickets. Is it in the status of "submitted to merchant" or "closed"?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Sorry my mistake Looking back at my email folders I see I made a purchase but didnt bother to file a trouble ticket for the Abe book site purchase because I made 18 purchases from ebay over 4/18 to 5/10 ,filed trouble tickets for all of them and never received a cent in credit so I felt it was a useless pursuit of saving my email proof of purchase ,sending them in the trouble ticket and never accomplishing anything
    So I have returned to the site to give Sunshine rewards shopping a second chance Ive made a purchases from ebay 0n 9/19. 9/24, 9/26, 9/28, 9/29.9/30 and today 10/1 so far just one of these purchses have been posted as pending so.... I wait

Quote Originally Posted by nanja View Post
    Sorry my mistake Looking back at my email folders I see I made a purchase but didnt bother to file a trouble ticket for the Abe book site purchase because I made 18 purchases from ebay over 4/18 to 5/10 ,filed trouble tickets for all of them and never received a cent in credit so I felt it was a useless pursuit of saving my email proof of purchase ,sending them in the trouble ticket and never accomplishing anything
    So I have returned to the site to give Sunshine rewards shopping a second chance Ive made a purchases from ebay 0n 9/19. 9/24, 9/26, 9/28, 9/29.9/30 and today 10/1 so far just one of these purchses have been posted as pending so.... I wait
    I don't like the sound of that. Grrr...these should be crediting for you better than that. Let me ask a couple of things-- Have you tried any of the offers so we can tell if your cookies are set right? Do you have any kind of toolbars installed like a coupon reminder or anything like that? We should be able to kind of narrow down the problem so that we can start getting you some moolah.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

no I havent tried any of the offers
    I have tried doing the daily survey
    I right click on the banner to open it in a new window for me It says it is loading
    http://gozing.directtrack.com/z/3010/CD1989/103 but a survey never loads up no matter how long I wait
    Im using IE7 and frankly havent had any problems anywhere except here!

We had someone else having the exact same thing recently. What in the world did it turn out to be? Maybe the spyware program or a firewall issues? Someone help!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We had someone else having the exact same thing recently. What in the world did it turn out to be? Maybe the spyware program or a firewall issues? Someone help!
    umm not sure about that issue but we finally figured out that there is an issue with some people's computers and spybot for some odd reason. Its been blocking the daily survey page for some people. I'm not sure what IE they are running but people with the issue were on XP. I'm on IE 6 and haven't had an issue but maybe they are on IE 7.

OP - what programs are you using on your computer?
    Sunshine Rewards

I just did a couple of offers Had no problem with that
    I have Windows XP ,IE7, a pop up blocker from comcast and use comcasts spyware scan

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Is it McAffee from Comcast? If so, I think it has an auto cookie cleaner. I'm going to look on another computer that has it and I'll post back w/ more.

Also, the surveys are pop ups, so maybe you can turn off the blocker when you are doing them?

Don't know if right click/open in new window is an issue. Not sure what that issue could be, I just click on the green banner, it takes me to the demographics page, then from there it pops open a new window (no pop up blocker).

Going to look at McAffee...

McAffee - Computer & Files - Click on Configure

SystemGuard Protection - Click Advanced

On the right side is sort of a menu, click Real Time Scanning

There is a list of check boxes, one of them is "Scan and remove tracking cookies"

If you have this checked, McAffee will auto delete cookies.

Now why you get credit for some and not other I don't know. Are there different types of tracking cookies?
    Last edited by cglaura; 10-01-2007 at 11:06 PM.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I dont use the mcafee virus program I use AVG I also tried the survey from
    the same computer using Netscape 8 Same problem Would take me to demographics page but after that no survey would load
    I think Im goint to try my husbands computer tomorrow I want to see if my ebay purchases get credited and if the surveys will load He uses IE 6 with Windows XP maybe it has something to do with IE7???