Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Check Your Settings!

Default Please Check Your Settings!

If you are shopping through Sunshine Rewards and have more than one trouble ticket where we have to file a dispute with the merchant, PLEASE check all of your computer settings to make sure that you do not have something running that is blocking certain sites or cookies. Even if we do end up getting the credit in the end, it's a lot of work to go through to get the credits. If we can prevent it from happening in the first place, it will save a lot of us trouble.

If you have more than one shopping credit not come through in any given week or really even month, there is something being blocked. Credits should come through automatically about 99% of the time. If yours do not, we need to figure out what on your computer is blocking them. I'm starting to see the same names come up a lot in the trouble tickets.

Sometimes we are able to find a pattern of missing credits in the trouble tickets so it is always a good idea to file them. But if we can get the credits automatically without them, it would be even better.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks for posting. I'm one of those that has had a few the last couple of weeks. I haven't changed anything on my computer. I run Norton and I've had that for a while. I will check my settings again.

I think I know why one of my TT's isn't showing. It was a large order. The company called me to verify the information and I wasn't home. I had to call them back. I did shop through the SR link but maybe them putting a hold on it caused it not to credit? The company begins with a K. Not sure if the info helps at all.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Sometimes when I shop at work they don't credit. It must be something to do with the system at work.
    Sammielynn

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Sorry Tricia. I have tried everything I can think of and for some reason half credit and half don't. I'm not sure if it is a certain set of advertisers or not and I've tried googling for suggestions and have changed everything I can find.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've noticed that Best Buy in general is our biggest culprit. We have trouble tickets for them EVERY single day of the week. Sometimes multiple tickets a day. So I think they are dropping cookies on their end.

Then the next biggest trend I see are the people who get them for other networks but not for the ones that we run through Commission Junction. That has to be a setting issue somewhere.

I'll run some stats later this week but I think we are still getting credits for over half that we submit the disputes on. So it's definitely worth submitting them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Yep, I was one who just submitted a TT for Best Buy. I just ordered through them for the first time about 3 weeks ago and the credits came through no problem, went into pending very quickly. Now with this latest purchase (which was much more expensive) the credits never went into pending, so I was a bit concerned.

Don't think it could have been any settings on my end since I had everything come through fine before and haven't changed a single thing since then...hope you're able to get everyone's credits and the issues figured out! Thanks for all the work you do to get us our credits!!!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yup bestbuy is one of my issues. Another one just this year has been shoebuy/bagsbuy. Never had an issue before but this year has been an issue.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

If you remember Catherine Shoebuy was an issue for me for about a year. Then I stopped using my wireless to make purchases and I haven't had to file a TT with them since (except one flukey time but that wasn't a cookie not registering thing). I don't know if the wireless thing is what was causing my issue but once I started clearing cookies, plugging in my DSL chord to my laptop and turning off the wireless, shutting all programs except SR and then purchasing and waiting for the confirmation I haven't had issues. Funny how sometimes things just get stuck and won't work right. I hope you guys can figure out what is blocking things.
    Sunshine Rewards

Default eBay

Earlier this year, I had some problems with shopping crediting and used the sticky in the technical thread to fix the problem. I bought several things off of eBay last week and nothing is showing in pending yet. I know they might still credit, but I have a couple of questions to see if I need to troubleshoot crediting issues again.

1. If I click on the eBay link through SR, can I make multiple Buy It Now purchases from different sellers on eBay at the same time without having to click through SR each time?

2. Is eBay a Commission Junction? I need to look through the sites allowed/blocked list to see if whatever eBay uses for crediting is there.

3. How do I find sites allowed/blocked in Firefox? I can't figure it out.

Sunshine Rewards

yeah, i've got a TT for Best Buy that's been filed for over a month already.....i'm not holding my breath for that one.
    Jennifer -