Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where's the beef?

Default Our Beef Review

DH grilled the steakburgers for lunch today and they were really good!! Keep in mind that we mostly eat venison so are already used to very low fat meat. As far as the flavor, I guess since I'm not used to beef I didn't find them to be anymore flavorful than his northern Missouri grain fed venison, but they were still pretty tasty. Definately much better than, say, Holten's or other pre-made patties from the grocery store. I also like that they are individually wrapped. There was very little shrinkage and they cooked up nicely. So we give them 8 thumbs up (kids liked 'em too!). Looking forward to the ribs... we'll do those on the grill too.

I made both yesterday. My daughter was the only one who liked the ribs. I thought they had way too much fat on them. The burgers were very good, though. I will likely order more of those and maybe try their steaks sometime, but won't get the ribs again.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I got a question about delivery. My DH and I both work full time. Does somebody need to be home to accept delivery, or does it come packed in a ice chest so it will be okay on the front doorstep for a few hours?
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I got a question about delivery. My DH and I both work full time. Does somebody need to be home to accept delivery, or does it come packed in a ice chest so it will be okay on the front doorstep for a few hours?
    It was just left on my doorstep. It does come in an ice chest and even though all the dry ice was gone, it was frozen solid.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by Jusacuz View Post
    It was just left on my doorstep. It does come in an ice chest and even though all the dry ice was gone, it was frozen solid.
    Thanks! I think I'll give it a try!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

THe short ribs are normally a fatty cut. I don't know exactly where it is on the cow but it is a bit different that your traditional rib that is long and meaty without the fat.

When I was a child, my mom would get short ribs and boil them and when the meat was tender she would put noodles in with it and let it simmer a little while.

We are saving our burgers for for Christmas WDW trip but we have not decided when to do the short ribs.