Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion please (on customer service)

Default Opinion please (on customer service)

As a back-up, I should mention I'm in a bit of a mood this week, but I want to know if I'm being too needy.
    I ordered a pair of black shoes from a shoe merchant (read-FREE RETURNS, and one I use frequently). Theyu arrived yesterday-the order is for black, the box is for black, but the shoes are the brown version. I e-mailed sad merchant-they responded that they had attached a return slip, and would refund my credit card. As this would have happened anyway, am I wrong to wish they'd done more.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Was there something else you wanted?
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Was there something else you wanted?
    Automatically having the other pair sent out, or at least "Sorry for your inconvience"
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok you are probably being a tad needy here. The only other thing I could think that they could have done was to go ahead and send another set of shoes out today while you dropped off the other shoes in the mail. It's not a huge deal to me but they probably should be checking the merchandise before mailing orders out.
    Sunshine Rewards

She should have certainly apologized, thats for sure. I can see why they didn't send them right out as I'm sure other people never return the others, but then again, they have your charge card so if you didn't return them, they could have charged it.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I really think that the customer service message, while efficient, really didn't address the total issue. Yes, you could get your money back and yes, you can ship them back for free, but how about a simple apology for THEIR mistake. Obviously, the item was shipped out without enough quality control to realize that the black shoes were actually brown. I understand how it could happen, but it still requires YOU to package them back up and perhaps go to the Post Office to send them back for THEIR mistake. Why didn't they automatically send you the correct pair of shoes so you don't have to reorder?

No, Heather, I would have been a wee bit disappointed in the customer service, too.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I really think that the customer service message, while efficient, really didn't address the total issue. Yes, you could get your money back and yes, you can ship them back for free, but how about a simple apology for THEIR mistake. Obviously, the item was shipped out without enough quality control to realize that the black shoes were actually brown. I understand how it could happen, but it still requires YOU to package them back up and perhaps go to the Post Office to send them back for THEIR mistake. Why didn't they automatically send you the correct pair of shoes so you don't have to reorder?

No, Heather, I would have been a wee bit disappointed in the customer service, too.
    What she said!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I assume that they typically use pre-prepared "blurbs" to respond to people. And that the blurbs don't include an apology, and the rep didn't use one. OR perhaps the rep didn't think it was their fault, and took it out, or didn't include their own.

But, and this is coming from my old amazon CS experience, that sort of problem is very very likely something that isn't just messing with YOUR order. If the wrong color shoes are in the correctly marked manufacturer's box, that's going to be a big problem. And the warehouse people are probably going to have to get involved, etc etc. And if it's not just a one-off experience, it's going to go back to the manufacturer.

Therefore, sending you another pair right now might only make your situation worse, as it's quite possible you'd just get another brown pair.

So while I think she should have included a "sorry", I have to agree with not just sending out another pair, b/c there is probably research that needs to take place in the warehouse right now.

Just my opinion from a former CS rep at a completely different store.

Oh, and from a certain store from a certain themepark brand that many of us here love... THAT store would have made you pay to return the item, make you pay for the replacement, and if the replacement were also wrong, still not let you return it at their cost. At least that's been MY experience with problems on THEIR end! So there are worse customer service experiences out there...horrible, isn't it?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    As a back-up, I should mention I'm in a bit of a mood this week, but I want to know if I'm being too needy.
    I ordered a pair of black shoes from a shoe merchant (read-FREE RETURNS, and one I use frequently). Theyu arrived yesterday-the order is for black, the box is for black, but the shoes are the brown version. I e-mailed sad merchant-they responded that they had attached a return slip, and would refund my credit card. As this would have happened anyway, am I wrong to wish they'd done more.
    At the company I work for, the apology would have come first and then the exchange would have been completed over the phone or via the email so you'd have your correct product. On the phone, the rep would ask if you still wanted it shipped to the same address and if the timeframe for receiving them via Standard shipping was acceptable since it was our mistake - if not, rush shipping on us, no other questions asked. I don't think we include a prepaid return label with the shipment, but we would issue one so you could return the product at our expense. We don't normally offer package pick-up unless there is a reason that the customer can't get out to take it somewhere.

So, based on what my company offers, I think you could have expected more.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

My core job responsibility is to process internet orders for our winery, I thus handle all complaints...That being said, when we screw up (which our warehouse does do on occasion ), it is our policy to have the correct product sent right out. Now because it is a wine product and thus weighs 3lbs per bottle and it would cost our company more to have the product returned, we let the customers keep the wrong product.

I have been working with a certain shipping company for over a week now trying to get a case delivered. Talk about frustrating...one person tells you it will be handled, the next day, still not handled, and another person tells you a different story...So frustrating...and really, for wine shipments there isn't much you can do about taking your business elsewhere....