Thread: How long hav you been here, how do you earn, when do you cash out?

Default How long have you been here, how do you earn, when do you cash out?

I have NO idea if this is the most appropriate place for this thread, but I wasn't sure where to put it. I am just amazed at the large amounts some of you have earned! Of course, I'm a newbie...I'm right at about $50 in a little over a month and a half, so I'm just starting. But seeing the big numbers makes me curious. How long have those of you with hundreds and thousands of dollars been here (and if it's not in your siggy, how much do you have)? What has been your primary method of earning? Do you cash out regularly or only at certain times?

I started here to save for our next Disney trip in Jan/Feb of 2010 (WHY did I not find this place before!??!) and plan on cashing out before that (speaking of which, when should I cash out before we go?) but I definitely want to stick around here even afterwards. I really like it.
    Last edited by elohcin76; 11-23-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elohcin76 View Post
    I have NO idea if this is the most appropriate place for this thread, but I wasn't sure where to put it. I am just amazed at the large amounts some of you have earned! Of course, I'm a newbie...I'm right at about $50 in a little over a month and a half, so I'm just starting. But seeing the big numbers makes me curious. How long have those of you with hundreds and thousands of dollars been here (and if it's not in your siggy, how much do you have)? What has been your primary method of earning? Do you cash out regularly or only at certain times?

I started here to save for our next Disney trip in Jan/Feb of 2010 (WHY did I not find this place before!??!) and plan on cashing out before that (speaking of which, when should I cash out before we go?) but I definitely want to stick around here even afterwards. I really like it.
    I go with six weeks before your trip. I've been here three and a half years. I've earned over $1300, I usually cash out before a WDW trip.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I've been here since June or July 2006 and earn mainly through surveys and shopping here and there. I normally try and cash out in $100 intervals but right now I'm just letting it build until I decide for sure what vacation we are going to take next year (Disney or Cruise).
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I've been here since almost the beginning of SR, joining 2/1/06. I try to do the surveys everyday and I do some shopping and some of the offers. I don't do the offers that have a trial period and you have to give them your CC.

I cash out only for Disney Gift Cards and it pays for all of our food while we are there....last trip was in Oct. and I brought $1000 in Disney GC! I'm well on my way to taking another $1000 for our next trip with over $600 in my account. One thing is for me...I hate to cash out and leave a zero balance in my account, too depressing, so I wait until I have well over $500 and then cash out. Right now I'm waiting until after the holiday rush, less chance of it getting lost in the mail. Thank you SR!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I've been here since May 2008, a little more than 18 months, and have earned over $1200. I cash out mainly for disney gift cards. The last big cash out was for a $500 disney gift card which we used to upgrade our parkhoppers to APs on our last trip this past summer. It took about 10 months to earn that $500. I'm saving up for our disney trip this coming summer. I'm hoping to have enough to pay for all our food and a few souveniers. I make the bulk of my earning through the 3 daily surveys. I do also do the freebie offers although not the ones where you have to give a cc#. I also do some shopping as well, but that accounts for about 2% of my earnings.

As others have mentioned, I'd cash out about 6-7 weeks before your trip just to be sure.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well first, I think you are off to a huge start. I had nowhere near $50 when I was as "new" as you.

I have been here since March '07, but my earnings are much lower than they could be, because I took a huge break from surveys. My advice on that? Don't do it. No breaks. Too hard to get started again.

I used to cash out often. Now I'm holding on, trying for the $500 mark. We're taking a break from Disneyland, with a World trip slated for 13 months from now, and I want as much as possible for that trip, instead of frittering it on movie tickets and the like.

And yes, a solid 6 weeks is the timeframe for checking out...more than that if your postal service is iffy.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have been here since October 2006. I earn most of my money from surveys - I try to do all three everyday! And shopping. I buy most of my health and beauty stuff from drugstore.com (I always buy at least $50 to get the free shipping) I end up spending less than if I went to Target! I buy a lot of shoes from Shoebuy - love the free shipping and free returns and the 9 - 11% SR credits. I do some of the Freebies and some that do require a credit card - mostly the book clubs and stuff.

The last three times I have cashed out it was for at least $500 in Disney GC each time - we went on a cruise in October and I took $1000 with me. Right now I don't know when or what I will be cashing out for - the next Disney Cruise is not planned until October 2011 and we won't be going to WDW anytime in the near future. We do live close to Disneyland and have annual passes but I like to save my SR $ for big trips! Currently, I am almost to $300 in my account with several shopping credits pending. I have made SM Plus every quarter since it was available and I am shooting for it again this quarter.

Congrats on your first $50 and good luck making more! I loved cashing out for the first time and every other time!

Karn
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187