Thread: Best Buy in store pickup available this weekend?

Default Best Buy in store pickup available this weekend?

Does anyone know if Best Buy has offered in store pickup in the past for Black Friday sales? I found the desktop I want for a really good price (NOT a doorbuster either!) and plan to order it Thursday as soon as either I get up or the prices are up. Since my computer geek brother is home this weekend, I'm anxious to get him over by my place to help me get my antivirus installed (I have a weird one he reccomends).

So, since I'm getting a few things that are not doorbusters, do you think I'd be able to get the store pickup? The ad scans really don't say!

Thanks!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I would think that you could do in store pick up. It might take longer than usual though.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have done in-store pick up on Black Friday before. When I received my confirmation email, there was a statement that it was "recommended" not to come pick it up until after 1pm. We got there before 1pm and were told they weren't doing any pickups until 1pm. (I double checked the confirmation and it did not say that I had to wait - so just beware about that!).

Then when it was time, my order wasn't even ready, they had to run over to get the ipods I ordered. Good thing they had some left! That was the point of ordering online.
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards

Hmm, thanks for the info. I'll probably give it a try and see what happens. I'm not too crazy about the idea of heading over there till at least 9 am anyways to give the crazy people a chance to move on elsewhere!

Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    Hmm, thanks for the info. I'll probably give it a try and see what happens. I'm not too crazy about the idea of heading over there till at least 9 am anyways to give the crazy people a chance to move on elsewhere!
    It may be worth a call to the store and find out what their policy will be for In store pick up that day. Just a thought......
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by mom2ian View Post
    Then when it was time, my order wasn't even ready, they had to run over to get the ipods I ordered. Good thing they had some left! That was the point of ordering online.
    Twice I've done store pick-up and both times they also had to go get the item and bring it up front where it should of been already. Kinda defeats the point of ordering online and I had a few words with the CS person the last time. I wonder what they would do or tell you if it was out of stock when you showed up with your receipt to pick it up?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    It may be worth a call to the store and find out what their policy will be for In store pick up that day. Just a thought......
    I had thought of that too, and after hearing about the possible delay in pickup, decided to go with the store closer to me and eat the higher sales tax. God forbid, if it's not available Friday and I have to wait a few days for it to come in, I'd much rather have it being picked up at the store closer to me than the one by my parents.

Anyways, I called and asked and he said I should be ok doing the store pickup. I think I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it all works out that day. I've never done store pickup, but this is a brand new store, so hopefully it will go more smoothly. I DID get confirmation today that I will be able to transfer the antivirus subscription to the new computer, so that's one less stop I have to deal with (just need to go out sometime Friday to buy my mommy some Starbucks for exchanging my Christmas present for the right thing!)

Sunshine Rewards