Thread: Wax Warmer

Default Wax Warmer

So my daughter has put a wax warmer on her Christmas list. (Now that she is in college and on a budget, she is tired of forking out the $$ to get her brows waxed lol!) Anyway, I have started researching, and it looks like Sally Beauty Supply and Amazon are the only SR merchants who carry them. (Ulta has the wax but not the warmers.) Anyone else know of any others I may have overlooked?

But having never bought one before, I am clueless what features it needs! Any help/thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Beauty.com or Drugstore.com maybe?

I think she'll just need to experiment with it to make sure she doesn't burn herself once she does start using it.

Poetic Wax is one that is pretty popular selling wise but I've never really heard good reviews on it from people who actually used it (not sure if it is a kit, just the wax or what it is exactly but wanted to throw it out there).
    Sunshine Rewards

Okay, thanks for the heads up! And I will check out those other merchants you suggested. You are right, she will def have to experiment *carefully* with it!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

One trick the girl I liked who use to do my brows was she would put it on the stick, let it cool a little, test it on her forearm and then apply to me. So it was pretty cool before it hit my skin.

Has she tried threading? I finally tried it and I like it much better than waxing and it is fairly cheap.
    Sunshine Rewards

No, she has not tried threading that I know of. And that is a really good idea about testing the wax on the forearm...I will pass that on to her.

Just a word to the wise, I did my own once, and walked around with a huge blank spot right in the middle of my eyebrow for months. LOL I'm back to paying for it now.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.