Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rescheduled Trip

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Loving your TR, Megan. The decorations are great and I have to admit that those snowmen in the parade made me smile. I could just tweek their chubby cheeks, lol!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

such a great trip to take with your mom! How lucky. and you both look so happy in the pictures!!!!! more please!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Sounds like you had a great time - can't wait to read the rest.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Default Day 3 - One of the best days ever (part 1)

Waking up on your birthday and knowing you are at a Disney Park is the best feeling ever! Even when you are feeling like you might be inching towards middle age. We had a special lunch planned so we dressed up before going to Disneyland for early entry. The goal was to finish as much of Fantasyland as possible before our reservation at 11:15. We got in everything except the Storyland Canal boats (which we did right after lunch).

I was probably bouncing with excitement by the time 11:00 came around. Some of you have probably guessed where our special lunch was going to be. For those who are still in the dark here is a photo clue.

Just before the lift to the dining floor.

Still haven't guessed? Here's a pretty blatant clue!

Yes! We were having lunch in the famed Club 33. A very generous SR friend made this possible and I don't think I could possibly thank him and his husband enough!

Here we are waiting to get the cold buffet (A very nice member there with a corporate party of 40 took our picture!)

The whole place is gorgeous! And the food was scrumdiddlyuptious! Here is the cold buffet, with salads, cold cuts, cheese, fruit and seafood.

Sunshine Rewards

Default Day 3 - One of the best days ever (part 2)

We both enjoyed our entrees. I had the chicken with truffled mac and cheese. I could eat bowls of that stuff it was so good!

My mom had the chateaubriand with mashed potatoes and an onion ring

Before starting on the dessert buffet we had someone take our picture on the balcony. It was really cool to be above the streets of New Orleans. It felt like we were in the middle of the decorations too!

Our table was overlooking the Rivers of America and we kept hearing Tiana's Jubilee.
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Day 3 - One of the best days ever (part 3)

Soon it was time to tackle the amazing dessert buffet.

I picked out one of the macaroons, some kind of chocolate cake and a chocolate cup with some kind of creamy concoction inside.

As I sat down with my dessert plate, our waiter appeared over my shoulder with a birthday surprise. I was so happy that I had a candle to blow out!

It was an amazing lunch. We enjoyed all the food and the atmosphere was wonderful. On our way out we stopped at the merchandise cabinet and I bought the holiday pin and the Christmas ornament. The waiter came running after us to make sure we took the pen we had signed the check with! Oh and if you ever have a chance to go ladies, you must check out the washroom!
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I just knew it. I loved it there. It is so amazing that we got to enjoy it. And the royal potties. LOL!

Default Day 3 - One of the best days ever (part 4)

So after our lovely lunch we strolled back to Fantasyland to ride the boats. I love that they decorated all the scenes for Christmas! Our holiday tour guide had mentioned that Storybook Land had Tinkerbell and her friends do the decorating.

We also had to go into the Tiki Room since I was wearing my vintage Tiki Room CM dress. I love the original version and wish they hadn't put the one at WDW under New Management.

We headed back to the hotel to change out of our dresses and into warmer clothes for the evening. On our way we poked around Downtown Disney. I managed to spend my whole birthday fun card and the remainder of one of my Sunshine gift cards in the World of Disney. So fun to shop without having to worry so much about the bill! It did raise some concerns about how we were going to get it all home though, since we had only brought carry on luggage.

After the shopping spree was complete, and we had changed, we headed back to Disneyland. We had asked at the Main Street train station about riding the Lily Belle and were told to try back around 4:30. When we got back there about 4:10 we were told that no more rides were possible that day. We were a little disappointed but not terribly surprised. We then asked if it was possible to ride in the tender seats. Erin, on the of the conductors, said she would check with the engineer of the next train. Well long story short, she spotted someone and asked us to wait a minute she would see what she could do...and then came to tell us the good news that we could get on the Lily Belle after all! Well she had made us and another couple who were waiting very happy. So we all climbed into the car, which is stunning!

Before the train could pull out one of the other conductors came to ask if we would mind having another party join us. We didn't mind at all of course so they came aboard. Turned out one of them was also having a birthday! As we rode around the park Erin gave us some details about the history of the car and the importance of the railroad to Disneyland.

I love hearing info like that and Erin obviously enjoys this part of her job. I think we made her day by being so appreciative of this treat and being so understanding that she might not be able to make it happen. I got the impression that others that day had not been so great. They have to have enough staff at the station to make it work, which I suppose may be tougher these days.

By the time we got all the way around the park the sun was down. We got off the parlour car and hopped onto the regular seats to ride to New Orleans. We rode some rides in that section of the park and grabbed a supper time snack at the Bengal BBQ. We both enjoyed the chicken skewer and the bacon wrapped asparagus. Yummmmm. I wanted a Mickey ice cream bar but I guess they stop selling them when it is cold. Boooooo.

This was unfortunately our last day in the parks, we had a fantabulous day so it was a little sad that it was ending. We headed back to the hotel for the last time with the knowledge that we had done just about everything we had wanted, had tried a ton of new things and had some great experiences. Such a good day!
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Meg I just LOVED your TR!! You gave me chillls with the last one and the train ride.

That picture of you and your mom in front of the tree is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!

Dude!! WTG!!!!!! Now THAT'S a TRUE SR friend!!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Last Day - Too short and trip home too long

When we got up in the morning we decided we wanted a proper breakfast and since we were in the Paradise Pier Hotel who better to have breakfast with that Lilo and Stich? There was tons of room in the restaurant and the characters had so few people to see that they kept coming back. Minnie and Daisy alternated as the greeting character and Lilo and Stich circulated. When Stich first came to the table he tried to eat mom and picked his nose and wiped in on my shirt!

I went with the buffet, which had a good mix of hot and cold foods (and some things I would never eat at breakfast but to each his own). My mom had the eggs benedict, which she loves.

When we had checked in they insisted I should still celebrate my birthday. The staff and characters all came around and sang a birthday song and gave me a cute little cake (another candle to blow out!). This was a fun breakfast. They have said that Mickey will be taking over the lead role in mid-December but I understand Lilo and Stitch will still be there. I would recommend that you check it out if you go!

After we finished eating we went upstairs to complete our packing. We managed to stuff everything in so we could still do carry on. The Disneyland Express shuttle back to the airport was fine and got us there in plenty of time. It wasn't until we go to the airport that we found out our flight was delayed 40 minutes. We had a pretty boring wait in the airport but we did have time for lunch which was nice. As we were waiting for boarding we heard from some of the other passengers that there was a snow storm where we were heading to catch our plane to Vancouver. The pilot let me know that if they couldn't land in Calgary we were going to be diverted to Saskatoon. I let him know that that was the wrong direction for me and he should ask to go to Kelowna. We did end up landing in Calgary but my goodness I would have closed the airport if I was in charge. The snow was really blowing everywhere. We were sure they would close the airport before our flight to Vancouver. We did eventually get out but we were over 2 hours late leaving. I am a terrified flier at the best of times and was freaking out thinking we were going to crash. We finally made it to Vancouver and many of us cheered! In short I made it home 15 hours after leaving the hotel, when it should only take about 7. Good thing the day before had been so great. I just kept thinking of that day and it made me smile.
    Sunshine Rewards