Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else getting magazines they did not order?

I got the bill from Birds and Bloom but have not received a magazine. I got a copy of the magazine, Remedy, but no bill -- yet.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I haven't actually gotten the magazine yet but I did get the bills for the Birds and Blooms and the Prevention Magazines in the mail...I just ripped them up and threw them away, I'm not wasting a stamp to mail it back because I never ordered them and if they never get paid, they will stop sending the magazine!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I haven't actually gotten the magazine yet but I did get the bills for the Birds and Blooms and the Prevention Magazines in the mail...I just ripped them up and threw them away, I'm not wasting a stamp to mail it back because I never ordered them and if they never get paid, they will stop sending the magazine!
    Just a warning - a few years ago I did the same thing for some golf magazine that I never ordered. I didn't "cancel" it and threw away the magazine and the bill figuring if I didn't pay that they would just stop sending. However, they continued to send the magazine and then decided to send it to a collection agency instead! I did eventually get it all straightened out, but it was kind of a pain.
    Debbie

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    Just a warning - a few years ago I did the same thing for some golf magazine that I never ordered. I didn't "cancel" it and threw away the magazine and the bill figuring if I didn't pay that they would just stop sending. However, they continued to send the magazine and then decided to send it to a collection agency instead! I did eventually get it all straightened out, but it was kind of a pain.
    I will wait until I actually get the magazine, then use their 800# to cancel it...thanks for the heads up. I have never had a problem with ignoring them though, guess there is always a first time?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I got a couple of glamour magazines out of the blue and got a Rachel Ray and Reader's Digest a while ago. I think they might be from all those offers that you have to choose at least one offer to move onto the next page. I probably picked a trail Glamour magazine offer once.

I just call the 800 number and tell them I am not interested. Seems to work.

On another note: where is evertyone getting the jumping mickey puimkin. I want one!!!
    Thanks LuvMyBoys & arob414
    Sunshine Rewards

On another note: where is evertyone getting the jumping mickey puimkin. I want one!!!

Check your Private Messages!

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post

Check your Private Messages!

Laura
    THANKS!! I love it!
    Thanks LuvMyBoys & arob414
    Sunshine Rewards

So far I've gotten Birds and Blooms, Better Homes & Gardens, Family Fun, Disney Adventures, Golf and a cooking one (I don't remember the name). I just send back the invoice with cancel on it. Sometimes I have to do it more than once though.
    TTFN, Marianne
    Sunshine Rewards
    DD17 DS11 1/2
    My brother Tom (September 26, 1965 - December 4, 2007) always in our hearts. We miss you Tommy!
    I miss you Mom! September 20, 1931 - October 3, 2011

Will the pain ever go away? We still miss you every day!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I had this problem a few months ago with Rachel Ray. It seems that every now and then we get an offer that auto signs us up for them. I haven't figured out yet which ones they are. I just called the number in the magazine and they cancelled and told me not to worry about it. I wouldn't even waste a stamp because when I did that with a different magazine I still had to call because supposedly they never got the invoice marked cancel. HTH!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I will wait until I actually get the magazine, then use their 800# to cancel it...thanks for the heads up. I have never had a problem with ignoring them though, guess there is always a first time?
    You could always try writing CANCEL -- DID NOT ORDER -- RETURN TO SENDER on the magazine and/or invoice and mail it back to them that way. I've done that before with mags I never ordered.