Thread: Just got Windows 7, what next?

Default Just got Windows 7, what next?

I just got a new computer yesterday and am still trying to figure out what settings I need to play around with and where exactly I need to go to do that. I also have IE 8 on here. What should I put my settings at for SR on here now? I'm not sure if I need to do anything different on Windows 7 vs my old XP.

Thanks!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    I just got a new computer yesterday and am still trying to figure out what settings I need to play around with and where exactly I need to go to do that. I also have IE 8 on here. What should I put my settings at for SR on here now? I'm not sure if I need to do anything different on Windows 7 vs my old XP.

Thanks!
    Congrats on your new computer! I can't help with the Windows 7 questions, but I have IE 8 and made no adjustments after upgrading from IE 7. The only thing with IE 8 is there is a rare (and I mean rare) survey that you can't take in IE 8. It's probably always the same survey as far as I can tell. Not a cause for concern as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Pat are you having any troubles with things crediting on IE8? I have read in other threads about issues people are having and was curious.

How are you liking Windows 7?
    Sunshine Rewards

Yay! I got this one earlier!

#1851477 Paid Signup: BrightKite.com 0.15 Credits 12/07/2009 Paid

I think this means I should be good. I just made sure I had my cookies set to accept first and third party, same as before, turned off pop up blocker, and put the security settings to medium.

Windows 7 feels a loittle different to me, but I think it will just be a matter of getting used to everything. I played around in the Control panel last night trying to figure out my settings and I think I may still need to play with that, but I'm fine with my computer as is for the time being. I may end up waiting till next weekend to really play around and try new things out on here, just to see what's different. I will say my new desktop is light years faster than my old one!

I have never used a computer with Vista on it,l so maybe that's part of it.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards