Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MNSSHP

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    we have been back for almost 2 weeks now! I know i need my trip report started lol

The Candy! We had 5 people but mostly just the two kids fetched the candy! we ended up with a full bookbag and we did not do much candy hunting since it was raining! We still have three large baskets full!

What was the candy!

Mary Janes
    Skittles
    Snickers
    Butterfingers
    Babyruths
    Jollyranchers
    Sour Patch Kids
    Lots of Gummie Candys (you know the hamburgers, hot dogs and things like that)
    mini gummie bears
    Lollipops
    Rasins
    Milkway
    and more!

Hint if the candy line is short keep going around and around they sometimes get tired of seeing you and just fill your bag so you will go away!

I'll have to let my boys know for next year! That sounds like something my oldest son would do!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

we were there on the 14th as well, and despite the extremely soggy conditions, we loved it. All 3 of us dressed up (yup, 3 adults, you read that right) and had fun. The parade (sadly minus the headless horseman due to the wet pavement) was AWESOME as were Hallow-wishes. But even without the 2 hour or so chunk that we missed because of the rain, I can't imagine being able to get everything done! There's so much to do - if you have a chance to go, don't hesitate and just do it
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by wdwabby View Post
    we were there on the 14th as well, and despite the extremely soggy conditions, we loved it. All 3 of us dressed up (yup, 3 adults, you read that right) and had fun. The parade (sadly minus the headless horseman due to the wet pavement) was AWESOME as were Hallow-wishes. But even without the 2 hour or so chunk that we missed because of the rain, I can't imagine being able to get everything done! There's so much to do - if you have a chance to go, don't hesitate and just do it
    There's no way that we will miss it next year!!

BTW, did you ever post of pic of your completed Belle costume or will we see you in it on your tr thread?
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

They have good candy and lots of it all around. It just depends on how important the candy is to you whether or not you want to spend a lot of time trick or treating. probably going down the alice trail is the best thing because you can get some candy while seeing alice and the gang and then move on the rest of the night away from the trick or treating.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Ok, is it really that much candy??? And what kinds of candy??

Sorry, it's after lunch and all this talk of candy and Halloween has me thinking about running to Target for a bag of Mr. Goodbar's!!
    They hand out bags when you enter. They are about the size of a brown paper lunch sack. We did not look to do any trick or treating. But, we saw two places that had no lines, so we took advantage of it. Most of the candy we got was during the parade. Our bags were full by the end of the night. Plus they had 2 huge pumpkin shaped bins at the entrance. So, we could just fill up if we wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwabby View Post
    Are there gonna be pictures in your trip report? I loved seeing the adults dressed in costume. DH and I had a blast dressed as Jafar and Malificent. It was very hot, but we had a great time anyway.

Thank you for all the information. Now I think that the kids will have a better time than I first tought. We all can't wait to go.
    Me DH DD15 DS13 DD8 DS5
    Sunshine Rewards

We went to MNSSHP last year for the first time and we were so excited to find the rides were all walk-on that we missed most of the parade. We caught a glimpse of the headless horseman while sitting in Pecos Bill - which - by the way was open and fairly empty until at least 9pm on the night we were there.

Since then, we have been to the Pirate and Princess Party and have learned that we missed out on a chunk of what we were paying for during the Halloween party - the special parade.

We are local now and do all of the special parties and what I'd recommend to anybody doing any special event - whether it is the Halloween, Pirate, and/or Christmas parties - view the parade. Even if you don't normally stop for parades during your visit, if you think you will even remotely enjoy watching one - these (especially the Halloween and the Pirate party) are the best parades in the MK all year long.

Mainstreet is also way cool during the Halloween party and very festive during the Christmas party. If you can plan a treat stop, this is the time to do it on Main Street. The bakery has always been open & the hotdog place, and the icecream place when we have been there on special nights.

Oh - and definitely stop to watch the fireworks! You can't really miss them because they totally light up the sky!

If you have little ones that are still in their trick-or-treating years - these parties offer the coolest treat collecting they will ever experience. The lines were long while we were there - but, don't know if it is that way every night of the special parties since we go on Fridays.

If your trip is short, you may want to take advantage of the very short ride lines - typically walk on - including Space Mountain. Even on the nights the events are sold out, the MK has a lighter crowd than any other time I see it during the entire year and we go there a lot.

For us, we like to soak up the special ambiance. We still go on a few rides, but - we stop to enjoy the special one-night stuff.
    Last edited by shades99; 10-05-2007 at 05:03 PM.