Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MNSSHP

Default MNSSHP

Has anyone been to the MNSSHP? My sister and I are taking the kids on Oct. 14th. This is the first time for us and we are very excited to go but not sure what to expect. What time can you get in? We are making costumes for the kids (this will be the first time that my DS4 will wear a costume(he has mild autism and wouldn't wear one before). Will the kids be able to go on the rides, is there time to fit it in with the trick or treating, parades and fireworks?
    Me DH DD15 DS13 DD8 DS5
    Sunshine Rewards

We just got back from Disney and we went to MNNSHP on the 21st. It was myself, my friend and my DD14. We all dressed up, I was Wendy, my friend Ariel and my DD Jasmine.

We actually went that morning and rode the rides then during the party we only rode a few like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space etc.

We left around 3 and got back at 5, we had ADR's at 6 for LTT. We finished about 7 and the party was just starting.

Time goes so quick, we took a few character pictures and we hit all the candy places Watched a few of the dances for a few minutes.

There are 2 parades, one at 8:15 and the other is 10:30, Hallowishes is at 9:30. They also have a small show on the castle stage with the Villians who come down for pictures afterwards. We went to the last one at 11:15.

I would post some pictures but I don't have them downloaded yet.
    Carrie

I am so, so, so excited about this. I love MNSSHP! It was a little too busy for my taste last year (we went on a Friday night), so I am hoping the Sunday night is less crowded this year. I wanted to make some shirts through DisneyShopping, but they won't let you add your own text to the Halloween graphics.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I'm going to MNSSHP tomorrow night! This is my first time. I hope it isn't too crowded, even though it is a Friday night. I'm hoping that because it's still September and we are still awhile away from the actual Halloween, it will be okay. Although I think if I survived December 26th at MK last year, I can deal with a semi-crowded MNSSHP.

DH and I ordered Jack and Sally t-shirts to wear and purple glowsticks to wear around our necks. I'm also going to wear my skull & crossbones headband that I wore to Pirate & Princess Party last February. We have 2:30 ADRs for Tony's prior to the party, which will be another first for me!

Unfortunately, I will be stuck at a two-hour mandatory staff meeting at work tomorrow morning (which I'm sure will drag, and drag, and drag...), but as soon as that's over, I'm rushing home and we're heading to WDW!
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards

We can't wait to go I got my date wrong we are going on Oct. 12th not the 14th. We will be driving down we are leaving on Thursday to get there on Fri (airfare would have been too much). We know that it will be a long drive but it should be worth it, especially to see the kids having fun. I just hope that it won't be too much for my DS 4. Sometimes he gets overwelmed when there is alot going on. Is the parade the same both times? If it is would we be better off waiting till the second one? Do you know what the Alice and Mad Hatter's Treat Party is? My DD 8 will be Alice in Wonderland for halloween.
    Last edited by luvdisney; 09-27-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: added question
    Me DH DD15 DS13 DD8 DS5
    Sunshine Rewards

We're going on Oct 4th- can't wait! It's a Thursday, so not sure how crowded it will be this time around. It's probably our 3rd or 4th time going.
    Tricia, I was bummed about the shirts through Disneyshopping too- I wanted to add my own message! I did end up getting a Mickey and Friends Halloween graphic and it says something like Magical Memories. I just know it's going to be too hot for DS to want to stay in a costume so we're just doing the t-shirt this time. I'm all about comfort!
    It's a good time to ride some of your favorite rides as well as the trick or treating. We generally spend time visiting the characters and having a good time!
    Sunshine Rewards

I am going to my first MNSSHP this Sunday!!!! I'm just wearing a Halloween shirt from Old Navy, as I'm going with no kids and want to be comfy AND it's still September! lol. My goal is to do all of the special Halloween stuff and make rides a second priority, with the exceptin of the HM. I am really excited about it and will post a report when I get home.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by luvdisney View Post
    We can't wait to go I got my date wrong we are going on Oct. 12th not the 14th. We will be driving down we are leaving on Thursday to get there on Fri (airfare would have been too much). We know that it will be a long drive but it should be worth it, especially to see the kids having fun. I just hope that it won't be too much for my DS 4. Sometimes he gets overwelmed when there is alot going on. Is the parade the same both times? If it is would we be better off waiting till the second one? Do you know what the Alice and Mad Hatter's Treat Party is? My DD 8 will be Alice in Wonderland for halloween.
    We drove a couple of years ago and it really wasn't too bad.

I *think* that the only difference in the two parades is that the Headless Horseman comes out during the first one. Which is really cool but if you blink, you'll miss it.

DD6 is being Alice as well!!! I *think* the treat party is the strip of trick or treating that starts with Alice where you wind around and they have big tea cups from the ride filled with candy. But I could be wrong. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I went in 2005. We were able to enter the park at 4:30pm. I think the party starts around 7 or so. We were able to ride a ton of rides in that time period.(We probably rode more rides in that hour and a half than we did on our regular MK day). Up until 6pm, there were no crowds. The rides were literally walk ons. But, after 6, the crowds got bigger and the lines longer. So, we made our way to dinner and then the parade. I also want to mention that not all the rides or restaurants are open during the party. I was really bummed to find out that Columbia Harbour House wasn't open. I really wanted that hummus sandwich, dangit.

I am SO jealous of all of you!!

When we were there last week I was so overwhelmed by the beauty of Magic Kingdom (Main Street especially) all decked out for Halloween!

I wish we would have done MNSSHP, we are going to make it a must for next year!

For some reason I thought you had to buy a Magic Kingdom ticket and a MNSSHP ticket to get into the party, so I thought it was way too expensive. Now I know better

I hope you all have a wonderful time and take lots of cool pics!! BTW, the refurbished Haunted Mansion is wonderful! I didn't notice alot of changes b/c it's been a few years since we went, but all of our favorites were still there (love those hitchiking ghosts!!)
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie