Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MNSSHP

We are going to MNSSHP for the first time on October 16th and then on the 18th!! I am so excited. Though I am a little nervous about the 18th because Florida kids are out of school on Friday, so there could be more locals there! POOH!! I wish I hadn't bought tickets for that night and gotten them for Sunday the 21st, but not much I can do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
    I went in 2005. We were able to enter the park at 4:30pm. I think the party starts around 7 or so. We were able to ride a ton of rides in that time period.(We probably rode more rides in that hour and a half than we did on our regular MK day). Up until 6pm, there were no crowds. The rides were literally walk ons. But, after 6, the crowds got bigger and the lines longer. So, we made our way to dinner and then the parade. I also want to mention that not all the rides or restaurants are open during the party. I was really bummed to find out that Columbia Harbour House wasn't open. I really wanted that hummus sandwich, dangit.
    That's a very good point about the food. We found ourselves pretty hungry by about 10pm last time and were really searching to see where we could grab a bit. I think I ended up eating a muffin on Main Street for dinner that night.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Yes, good point! I had forgotten about the food places being closed too! We waited until late to look for something to eat and there were not very many options! So, just make sure you plan your dinner/ snacks out for that night!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm pretty sure they start handing out wristbands for all the hard-ticket events (P&P, MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc) around 4pm. That's what I have read and experienced, anyways. We'll already be inside MK for our ADRs at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon, so that won't be an issue for us this time. But we did get in quite early for P&P last February. We hit traffic and had some monorail issues, so didn't get there until 5:30, but we met friends there who were allowed in at 4 or so. It's nice to have those few extra hours before the party really starts!

I've already studied the MNSSHP park maps posted on the Dis, and saw that Aloha Isle will be closed. I'm a little bummed about that, since I was hoping to get a Dole Whip during the party. We'll have to get one for dessert after our late lunch at Tony's, before the party starts.
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

We LOVED MNSSHP last year. I believe you can go in around 4 pm. I second the suggestion of planning when you eat because we didn't realize that some places wouldn't be open so we ended up at Cosmic Rays I believe with the Stitch dance party (so we got to see stitch in costume). As far as everything else we rode a few rides and then mainly stalked characters. We did not trick or treat but there were many opportunities to do so.

The Alice thing is an area where all the Alice characters stand in the trick or treat trail and you can meet them as you trick or treat.

I think we watched the first parade and did see the headless horseman and then watched wishes from behind the castle (it was ok but I felt I was missing it) and then caught the villians show at 11 something. It was a lot of fun but man did I feel rushed. I was not prepared for what it would be but next year I should know better.
    Sunshine Rewards

M 'n C... thanks for the reminder! I was trying to remember where we ended up being able to eat. We ate at Cosmic Ray's also and I remember the Stitch dance party. lol
    Sunshine Rewards

We went in around 5:00 and rode some rides. Then we got hungry before the parade and it was crazy trying to eat sitting on the curb and waiting for the parade to begin. People really need to control their kids, they were stepping all over us. My grandson was barely 3 at the time, and still today, he talks about the headless horsemen all the time. This year we are going on a sunday, so maybe it won't be as bad. last year it was actually sold out the night we were there.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I went to the first MNSSHP on 9/14/07 this year, it was my first, they will let you in at 4:00PM had dinner at LTT at 4:20 done by 6:00PM had time to do some rides untill the party started at 7PM just a note they will not put out the MNSSHP products, ie t-shirts and stuff out on the floor untill they know the store is cleared of everyone with out a wristband ie mnsshp ticket so if you want to shop i would wait untill latter in the party! The candy comes out at 7pm and is rather good! I think the party can be alot of fun unless it rains all night like it did for the most part on my night.The fireworks are great and the parade is good too! But at 12:00AM everything closes the candy is gone and all that is left to do is shops and to head home!

I do think it would be very hard to do the dance parties, face painting, rides, parades, fireworks, all in one night! and you still have the characters and photopass! too! It is a very busy night with lots to do! Have fun and enjoy! You might want to bring a large backpack for all the candy!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    I went to the first MNSSHP on 9/14/07 this year, it was my first, they will let you in at 4:00PM had dinner at LTT at 4:20 done by 6:00PM had time to do some rides untill the party started at 7PM just a note they will not put out the MNSSHP products, ie t-shirts and stuff out on the floor untill they know the store is cleared of everyone with out a wristband ie mnsshp ticket so if you want to shop i would wait untill latter in the party! The candy comes out at 7pm and is rather good! I think the party can be alot of fun unless it rains all night like it did for the most part on my night.The fireworks are great and the parade is good too! But at 12:00AM everything closes the candy is gone and all that is left to do is shops and to head home!

I do think it would be very hard to do the dance parties, face painting, rides, parades, fireworks, all in one night! and you still have the characters and photopass! too! It is a very busy night with lots to do! Have fun and enjoy! You might want to bring a large backpack for all the candy!
    Ok, is it really that much candy??? And what kinds of candy??

Sorry, it's after lunch and all this talk of candy and Halloween has me thinking about running to Target for a bag of Mr. Goodbar's!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

we have been back for almost 2 weeks now! I know i need my trip report started lol

The Candy! We had 5 people but mostly just the two kids fetched the candy! we ended up with a full bookbag and we did not do much candy hunting since it was raining! We still have three large baskets full!

What was the candy!

Mary Janes
    Skittles
    Snickers
    Butterfingers
    Babyruths
    Jollyranchers
    Sour Patch Kids
    Lots of Gummie Candys (you know the hamburgers, hot dogs and things like that)
    mini gummie bears
    Lollipops
    Rasins
    Milkway
    and more!

Hint if the candy line is short keep going around and around they sometimes get tired of seeing you and just fill your bag so you will go away!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.