Thread: Kitchenaid Mixer help

Default Kitchenaid Mixer help

I told DH I wanted to get my own gift this year - A Kitchenaid stand mixer. (He is not allowed to buy me a gift that has a cord and belongs in the kitchen. LOL)

Anyway, I know I want a heavy duty transmission and one with at least 325 watts. What I am not sure about is the tilt back or bowl lift feature.

Anyone have any experience on which one is preferred? I am not sure what the advantages and disadvantages are of each of these features.

Thanks.........Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I have tilt back and it is very top heavy. We have bowl lift at work and they are really nice.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I own the tilt back and my aunt uses one that lifts up, which I have tried a few times when at her house. I think the lift up one might be more commercial and might be more of a professional one but it's probably just a matter of preference which one you like. I really like my tilt back one because you can easily tilt it back and get into the bowl to scrape it, if you need to...the beaters tilt back along with it, making it easier IMO. With the lift up one the beaters stay in the bowl more or less....clear as mud, right?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I have the tilt back one as well. It is top heavy but it isn't like that get sin the way of anything. I also am glad I got mine years ago as I don't like the new glass bowls. I really am prone to accidents and I KNOW I would break that bowl.

The kitchenaid mixer was THE BEST wedding present to ourselves. I LOVE IT. LOVE IT.
    <Sunshine Rewards

I have tilt back with a big metal bowl. I actually need to order some bowls because I usually go through a couple this time of year!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I have two of the tilt back Kitchenaids and love them! DH bought me one about 5 years ago. Then a couple of years ago Lowes had an awesom price and I bought a metallic one. I decorate cakes and bake a lot so they get a good workout! I think it would come down to preference, but I have no issues with the tilt back type.

As Tricia mentioned, I would get at least one extra bowl. When I'm in the midst of doing cakes or cookies at the holidays, it is nice to not have to stop and clean out a bowl!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I've had mine for over 35 years now, I don't use it much anymore but when I do need it, it works like a dream. Mine is a boring white, I would much rather it was black or some pretty modern color but at the time I got mine I think all they had for color choices was "white" or "almond"!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

i have a professional model with a lift and i LOVE it. DH got it at sam's for about $250 a couple of Christmases ago. it has a big metal bowl and paddle, whisk and kneading attachments. i only use it a few times a year, but it is AWESOME!

Thanks for all the feedback.

I think I am going to go with the KitchenAid® Professional 600™ Stand Mixer from Kohl's. Not too fond of the colors, but has the other features I wanted. I am really proud of the great deal I'll be getting.........

Regular price: $500
    Sale price: $400
    15% off using Kohls charge: $340
    SR credit: $330
    $50 mail-in rebate: $280
    $60 Kohls cash: $220

Final price $220 - not too bad.........

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

Great price!

Where do you guys get attachments? Somehow our wisk sort of attachment got bent and hits the bottom of the bowl...whipping cream is a pain when you have to do it by hand! And another bowl would be nice too.

Editing to add...hey look at that Product Search helped me search for a product. Imagine that!
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 12-09-2009 at 01:35 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards