Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am so loving the Disney gift cards!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
    Don't forget there is a .25 charge for Disney Dollars redemption now. Makes those gift cards even more tempting to me! I'm cheap with my free money, what can I say lol!
    You know, I really hated doing that. I waffled back and forth and back and forth. But Disney Dollars were getting lost in the mail, and people were getting really angry with me. If I can convince people to cash out for Disney Gift Cards (at least the big cashouts), I think that they will be much happier if they get lost because we do try to record all of the gift card numbers.

I've been having about $1000 in Disney Dollar cashouts a week lately. If you divide that by $20 per envelope, it was a TON of postage! On the flip side, I can send out $300 in gift cards in one envelope.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Oh Tricia, I completely understand why you did that! I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining! I've personally always gotten gft cards b/c they are easier to carry around. I think everyone understands why you changed it! I think it's generous that you still offer both the DD and GC options.

That's GREAT news!!! I missed the last special Disney cashout and I've been waiting and waiting!

Woo Hoo!!!

Love the gift cards too- I am racking up for a cashout too, even though our next trip isn't til January. I actually have 2 trips to save for, so as soon as I 'dogear' about $500 for DL, I need to start saving for WDW for 6/08.

I think it's good to charge for postage for them. I know I had some lost way back last summer and I was sooooo bummed. I gladly would even pay for some sort of delivery confirmation with the Disney Dollars. But I'm sticking to gift cards for now.

I never thought about them getting lost. I would pay for delivery conformation gladly better safe then sorry!

I don't think $.25 is bad at all.

I try to cash out first with the gift cards and then do the dollars

I like both DD and DGC. I like the cards to pay off things but my husband really enjoys the dollars for his spending. So I try and do both. I am lucky enough to be about an hour from a disney store so I also buy DISNEY dollars there. I cannot wait to start saving or Disney again. I get all jealous listening to you all saving your disney money up. I am saving up for Christmas this year but in 2008 I will save for Disney again. I am hoping there will be good cashouts then too.

Looking forward to the cashouts. Thanks!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I'm think I'm going to cash out for the Gift Cards and then use part of them to go buy the Dollars in a Disney Store....Seems like a safer method...I have to have those dollars though...my daughter will do almost ANYTHING for a Disney Dollar.

What was the final story on using gift cards at the WDW resorts.

Will the front desk take them now? Restaurants?
    .................................................. ........Sunshine Rewards
    <------Wish I Were Here!