Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthdays at the parks ???

Default Birthdays at the parks ???

hey guys when you check into your hotel, or make your reservations do you tell them about your birthdays ? Last year we were in vegas on my birthday and i told them and they gave us a free upgraded room ??

in disney i was just wondering if there was a ribbion or something they give you ..... ohohohoh do they have mickey ears with the birthday on them to buy ?

go to guest relations at any park or downtown disney and they will give you a button with your name on it that says happy birthday!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

If you are staying at one of the resort hotels (I can only speak for Disneyland) tell them there is a birthday in your group. You will get a birthday button and sometimes balloons or an autographed pic.

If you are not staying on property. Go to Guest Services/City Hall (like Bryan said) and request a birthday sticker.

Have fun and happy birthday at Disney!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

woohoo!!! we are staying on site thanks so much guys

We've spent many a bday in Disney and always tell EVERYONE! Jillian got an autographed picture of Minnie in our room one year. Multiple places brought the girls some kind of special cupcake and confetti. Crystal Palace used to bring a card signed by all of the Pooh characters. And just wearing the button that you can get on Main Street gets you lots of extra attention.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Tell them at check in and for any table service meals. They may do nothing, but you may get a small dessert or just a happy birthday.
    You can get the button at check in or any guest services. When you wear it lots of people will wish you happy birthday.

If you are really lucky you may get special treats or balloons in your room, but nothing is guarenteed.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Here's a question...

My dd b-day is February 14th. Our trip this December is her "Sweet 16" gift. We decided to go this time of year b/c we love the decorations. I made an ADR for The Garden Grille (her fav) to be her b-day dinner (where I was going to give her the Disney GC for spending money). Now this is more a a morals question...should I get her the pin, since we are celebrating her b-day to wear that day, even though it really isn't her b-day? Part of me says it's ok, since that is the purpose of our trip, and we won't be there for her actualy b-day. But then part of me feels like a liar

I don't mean to hijack this thread onto a different topic, but it was sort of related. So let me know to move it or something!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by aknight373 View Post
    hey guys when you check into your hotel, or make your reservations do you tell them about your birthdays ? Last year we were in vegas on my birthday and i told them and they gave us a free upgraded room ??

in disney i was just wondering if there was a ribbion or something they give you ..... ohohohoh do they have mickey ears with the birthday on them to buy ?
    One time we went for my son-in-law's birthday. My daughter told the cast member when she was booking the dining in advance and the cast member arranged for a special dessert at dinner that night. Actually, the cast member went overboard and arranged it for EVERY restaurant during our stay.

Another time, we went on my DH's birthday. I called the Disney Resort we were staying at ahead of time and they provided a beautiful birthday cake for our room. However, there is a charge for that, I think about $35. We had six in our group, so we made short work of it.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

i see everyone beat me to it.

yes you can get a pin upon checkin. i would also note on the reservations that it is your birthday. i did this for my son, and he got balloons, and a card with a photo of the fab 5 with their autographs and a magic moment certificate. now the real surprise came when i got a card with a magic moment for that month being my birthday also (which i did not tell them).

my son got lots and lots of happy birthdays all day and an extra chocolate cake at a counter service meal. it really is worth telling them on the ressies plus get the pin.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I did this last year. We happened to be going the day of my b-day so when we made the ressies it asks if its anyone's b-day so of course I said mine and I did get balloons during our stay along with Minnie's autograph. As far as ADRs go the girl explained to me that it is your b-day the entire trip per WDW so even though we did not go to dinner on my actual b-day she made a note at every adr that it was my b-day that week and a few places did the b-day cupcake and others did nothing. It was no big deal if they didn't do anything.

cglaura- as far as your "morals" question goes if that is the only time you can go I don't see anything wrong with wearing the pin that one day for her b-day meal. I probably wouldn't wear it the whole trip and tell ever ADR but I don't see anything wrong with it that one day. Now over on the DIS you will probably get another opinion...
    Sunshine Rewards