Thread: tracking hotel credits??

Default tracking hotel credits??

I've got 4 guys going to Orlando for a week long convention. I just booked rooms for them thru Marriott. YAY BIG CREDIT for this stay!

When i booked the rooms, i closed out and clicked thru again for each reservation, just to make sure they all tracked. but i noticed there wasn't a number in the Travel Agent field. I know that is how they pay the travel agents, and i wasn't sure if it's different for SR. I just wanted to double check that it was working correctly so i don't lose out on those credits!
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Good luck with it! My marriott didn't credit, first they said there was a problem with the order number and then said it tracked to something else...they are wrong, I didn't do any looking around before booking and DEFINITELY did not go to another rewards site before booking through SR...

I use hotels.com now...I hope it goes better for you, though!!!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I believe they track by cookies. If you had multiple, individual bookings you would probably need to clear cookies between each one to make sure it tracks correctly.
    Robin

I have had trouble getting credits out of Marriott on more than one occassion. The latest was when we booked and paid for two rooms but they only gave us credit for one! Tricia has filed a dispute with them. It's very frustrating that they offer credit and then try to worm out of giving it! I carried my laptop with me on our last trip to Florida soley so I could book rooms through SR while we were traveling. I hope your credits come through. I know if Tricia can get them for you she will.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

I had a problem with Marriott before too. I booked through SR and selected a rate that included 2 tickets to Six Flags. It never credited so I had Tricia look into it. Marriott denied it because I'd used a "special rate".

I have a question along that line....

We are going to drive to Florida, from Michigan, in April. I have some Marriott gift cards that I want to use for our stays so we plan on sticking to Marriott-branded hotels. My parents will be travelling with us and dad is a "senior" (shhhh....don't tell him that). He can book up to 2 rooms with the senior rate. Now, assuming that the senior rate will still be eligible for credits, can I book the rooms through SR using his name and info? If we just used a regular rate and the room was booked in his name, would I still get credit? I assume no, but I thought I'd ask.

100 days and counting....

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    I had a problem with Marriott before too. I booked through SR and selected a rate that included 2 tickets to Six Flags. It never credited so I had Tricia look into it. Marriott denied it because I'd used a "special rate".

I have a question along that line....

We are going to drive to Florida, from Michigan, in April. I have some Marriott gift cards that I want to use for our stays so we plan on sticking to Marriott-branded hotels. My parents will be travelling with us and dad is a "senior" (shhhh....don't tell him that). He can book up to 2 rooms with the senior rate. Now, assuming that the senior rate will still be eligible for credits, can I book the rooms through SR using his name and info? If we just used a regular rate and the room was booked in his name, would I still get credit? I assume no, but I thought I'd ask.

100 days and counting....
    You can definitely use his name and information to book the room. We *should* get the commission if the senior rate is listed on their website.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    You can definitely use his name and information to book the room. We *should* get the commission if the senior rate is listed on their website.
    That is great to know! Thanks!

I will be sure to make the reservations then, in dad's name, so that I can get a little something out of it too.

I used to get the Marriott credits right away. But have had difficulty during the past 6 months through SR. I have filed TT, but little has come through. It seems Marriott always has one excuse or another. SR, does see the transactions, but for some reasons, I just do not get credit.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I've only used Marriott once but it was 2 years ago so I can't even remember much about it. LOL I have switched over to Priceline and haven't had trouble with them at all. Might be something to try in the future.
    Sunshine Rewards

hhmmm.....well i guess i can't do anything about it now, the guys all have their confirmation numbers. we'll see how it goes.
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards