Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, whats left to do?

Can someone give me absolution so I don't have to go to church on christmas eve. I know it is such a huge "reason for the season", but I get all stressed out going an hour early, just to get a seat in the basement of church.
    Ok, I feel better now.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    Can someone give me absolution so I don't have to go to church on christmas eve. I know it is such a huge "reason for the season", but I get all stressed out going an hour early, just to get a seat in the basement of church.
    Ok, I feel better now.
    I go to church every Sunday. I believe whole heartly that Jesus is the reason for the season BUT we are not going to Christmas Eve service. I hate squeazing in with a bunch of people and feeling the pressure for my kids to be good while holding candles. We are having my parents up for the night and they will open the family gift. We will eat and play puzzles. We will do a birthday cake for baby Jesus. I am excited to not feel stressed about going to a church service.
    <Sunshine Rewards

I have a lot to do. I don't have any wrapping paper. I'm still waiting on packages. I just told DH last night that I need to see exactly what I'm waiting on because the Winter storm just might affect the arrival.

I ordered a Flip Camera last night with 2 day express so hopefully that will show up tomorrow. Kinda excited about that. This is for me. LOL.

I've gotta pick up a few gift cards for the older kiddos. So I have a bit to do still. I'm normally completely finished. Gifts wrapped and just having daily family parties at this point, but.....

Anyway, I'm gonna get my list of (need to do) together today and hopefully complete the items at task by tomorrow.

I also need some party food suggestions. So you all post some good ones. LOL.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    I go to church every Sunday. I believe whole heartly that Jesus is the reason for the season BUT we are not going to Christmas Eve service. I hate squeazing in with a bunch of people and feeling the pressure for my kids to be good while holding candles. We are having my parents up for the night and they will open the family gift. We will eat and play puzzles. We will do a birthday cake for baby Jesus. I am excited to not feel stressed about going to a church service.
    IKWYM.
    I think I am just going to get up in the morning, because all my kids (20 somethings, youngest is 19 sleep in anyways. I can breeze in 5 minutes before Mass and not stress. I'll stay home while they all go.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Let's see...I picked up the last of the gifts for my mom and dad today...whew...they were hard! I still have one gift left to get, and I need to take a ride into the city to do that...maybe tomorrow after my dentist appt. DH still has a gift to buy, and I don't think he has any ideas. I still have lots of cleaning to do, but that will probably wait till Thursday during the day. About 2/3 of my wrapping is done, which is really a plus for me because I hate to wrap, and usually wait till Christmas eve to do it all! YUCK...not this year. I have to pick up some cinnamon rolls to make for dd for Christmas b-fast, along with some juice and eggs. Also I have to make another batch of chocolate dipped pretzels, because I underestimated how many I would need.

When I write it all out, it looks like I still have a lot to do, but actually, I feel like I am on top of things this year...yesterday's snowstorm helped, because it forced me to do things here, instead of running here and there like I would on a typical Sunday!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Wrapping, have done nothing. Baking, have the supplies, haven't started. Some cooking, not alot, though. Mom does the big stuff. Need to take the girls out to shop, if I am going to get anything. I work, tomorrow. So, tomorrow evening and Wed we have to really hit the floor running. We do Christmas on Christmas Eve (with the sister's HUGE family and my mom), I have to work Christmas so we will open gifts EARLY. Oh, need to program coffee maker for EARLY Christmas morning. Do I have video, better check on that. Probably really need to make a list so I don't forget to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    Ok, I feel better now.
    Here you go... our church is not even having Christmas Eve! They have many services worth of the special Christmas program, and then take Christmas Eve off. I would say that gives us permission to take it off too

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    What do you have left to buy or do before Christmas? Maybe we can help eachother out with suggestions or ideas that we have to make this last hectic week tolerable.

I'm pretty much down to wrapping presents and having to still go shopping and pick up a gift card. Normally I would be all done, but I got really behind this year. Also, need to get together my Christmas Eve menu and supplies.

How about all of you?
    I am done shopping, gifts have been exchanged with boss, co-workers, and extended family, and the kids' gifts are packed. All that's left for me to do is finish laundry and pack for Disney!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    I am done shopping, gifts have been exchanged with boss, co-workers, and extended family, and the kids' gifts are packed. All that's left for me to do is finish laundry and pack for Disney!!
    OOOOOO, I wish I was in your shoes!! Actually I have been feeling a bit sad because this time last year we we packing for our trip January 1! Almost a year. It is nice not to be stressed with both this year but I would gladly take the stress if it meant I was going to Disney again.

HAVE FUN and come back ready to do a TR!!
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Shelly-do the kids know yet?
    I need to cook (my samosa pie, nuts for gifts for my co-workers, bake cookies for Mordie and my clients). I also need to put up stockings, other holiday decorations. Oscar and I have wrapped our presents. I also need to double check all gifts are in the necessary piles (Xmas eve, Xmas am, Xmas at the boys). Oh, and Santina and Mrs. Claus need to have a chat over some items for the boys' stockings.
    Last edited by Hedy; 12-21-2009 at 10:24 PM.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.