Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Resort - Suggestion

Default Mod Resort - Suggestion

We are planning our next trip for next Sept but was wondering if anyone could please give me there opinion on a Mod resort. At that time my DD will be 5yr and DS will be 3yr. We have already stayed at CBR we liked but wanted to try another resort. We liked the refrigerator in the room and would like that again.
    Last edited by howdyfrtx; 09-29-2007 at 10:47 PM.
    Cindy

Sunshine Rewards

Cindy,

We have stayed at both POFQ and POR. I liked POR okay, but LOVED POFQ. It was smaller and compact and getting around was no problem. POR was nice -- I loved the pool area -- but it was so big that I missed POFQ when it was time to do the bus thing

HTH!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Cindy-

We don't have kids, but we've stayed at POFQ twice & LOVED it! This year we stayed at CSR & liked it very much. We stayed at CBR once & didn't care for it. CSR is set up very similarly, but much smaller.

Of the three POFQ is by far our fave. It's very small...only one bus stop! It does share the busses w/POR but FQ is the first to be dropped off & picked up. It's not a very long walk from the furthest building to the main lobby where the food court, bar & gift shop is either. The grounds are beauitful & you can take a boat on the river to downtown Disney which is really nice.

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

We have stayed at POR. Actually it was our only choice - without staying deluxe - because we are a family of 5. We were pleasantly surprised. It has a horse and carriage ride you can take in the evening for $35 + tip. Very nice ride. It takes you through POR and POFQ.

There is also the boat ride you can take from POR to DTD. You can also take the boat at POFQ. The food court is nice at POR. They also have a nice sit down place which people have raved about. We never went though.

Our room was a bit away from the food court, but it was still only about a 5-6 minute walk. It was a very peaceful walk. I must admit, I LOVE the screaming of Disney like at the values. However, POR was EXTREMELY nice and relaxing.

The quite pools are a nice addition to the resort. We never swam at the main pool - which is pretty fun looking - because it was so busy. But keep in mind that we went during the week of July 4th.

POR is a nice resort. I am sure whichever resort you stay at, you will enjoy it! Good luck and let us know what you decide!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

we just stayed at POFQ and I can't see myself staying anywhere else now. We absolutely fell head over heels for this resort - it's gorgeous, the pool looks like it'd be a blast for little ones (it has the sea serpant water slide) and it's small and manageable. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus either!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

WOW three for POFQ….Thanks for all of your input. I appreciate and it and love the pictures…Magical JenK. I know we have a while but I was kind of leaning towards CSR before I read all these. My DH might like the smaller/compact resort. We will be renting a car so we don’t have to worry about any bus issue…much to think about and plan…fun.
    Cindy

Sunshine Rewards

You're welcome! I took a lot of photos when we were there because 1) I love photos & 2) it's just a beautiful resort! I think I took better/more the first year...I'll look for those if you'd like.

I have photos of CSR if you're interested as well. Just took those on this trip. Again, we really liked it & would return, but LOVED POFQ!!

Planning is half the fun of the vacation if you ask me!! Have fun planning!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I would love to see any additional photos that you have for both POFQ and CSR. Thank you. I would really love to stay at WL but thinks it’s a little too pricey for us. I should have stayed there last year when our trip was free.
    Cindy

Sunshine Rewards

Ok, cool...here are some photos for you!!

The pool slide & when leaving the pool area there are those cute figures. I love the trees! There are little "streets" all over the resorts that have street signs. I thought it was funny to take the photo of the street but w/the golf cart to show that it's not a real street.

Couple more of the streets. You can walk through the streets & there are some fountains, gardens & some gates that make it look like another section of the city. I just loved my morning walks through POFQ to POR!